2021 2400BH replacing USB charging port in dinette area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 2400BH replacing USB charging port in dinette area

I'm trying to replace the USB port in the dinette area that is on the same wall as the fridge. Looking at the replacement part that was sent by GD, it seems like its held on the wall with just the 2 screws. However, I cannot seem to get the old port off the wall with the screws out. Am I missing something? I dont want to pull on it too hard and risk cracking the wood panel. Does anyone know if it could be a different part and secured with something else on the back and if so, how can I get at that to get it off the wall? Thanks!
    Brian and Mercedes
    2021 GD Imagine 2400BH
    2014 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewCab 4x4

The two screws should be the only thing holding it in place. How odd that it's tough to remove. I'm wondering if the hole in the wall is just so tight that friction is keeping it in place. BTW, I replaced mine (another configuration) a couple of times. Come to find out, if I plugged in two phones at the same time, it would draw too much current and pop the internal fuse.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. Its almost like it's glued in as well. As if there is a blob of it behind the main part on the back side. I can pull it and shift it around a bit but I really don't want to risk cracking the wood panel. I think that's what happened to ours. We had 2 things charging at the same time and it burned it out.
      Brian and Mercedes
      2021 GD Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Should be just the screws. I pulled one off in the bedroom (2670MK) so I could get behind the wall to add a 12 volt outlet, and it practically fell out when I removed the screws.

Maybe twist it as you try to pull it out?
        Scott.n.Tira are from Vegas.
        2021 GD 2670MK
        2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by btutich View Post
          Thanks Jim. Its almost like it's glued in as well. As if there is a blob of it behind the main part on the back side. I can pull it and shift it around a bit but I really don't want to risk cracking the wood panel. I think that's what happened to ours. We had 2 things charging at the same time and it burned it out.
          I'd use a plastic (automotive) panel removal tool and gently pry around the edges. A set can be bought at Harbor Freight or any big box hardware store. Almost an essential when working on an RV IMHO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tools.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	76583
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Good call Howson...I do have a set of those plastic panel removal tools. I'll try that and see if I can pop it off of there. Thanks!
            Brian and Mercedes
            2021 GD Imagine 2400BH

Comment

It might be that the wiring has gotten pulled down the wall and that is holding it in place. You may need to see if you can find where the wiring exits the wall to see if there is any play in the wire that you can free up to assist in gaining clearance.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X