Molex Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molex Connectors

The current recall from GD (for the wiring behind the refrigerator) mandates the use of a "molex connector" if a wiring repair is required. The attached PDF on Molex connectors came from https://www.content.molex.com/dxdam/...87651-0988.pdf

The picture below is an example of a molex connector as seen on a GD factory line.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Molex (Large).jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	77783
    If it's not obvious, the style being held in the picture is a round jacketed, stranded connector (the wire is already in the connector) and the hard wire in the other hand will need a corresponding molex so the two will click together.

The pic below is from Yoda (Keith's) thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-don-t-like-it showing two halves mated together.

Click image for larger version  Name:	connectors.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	77784

One resource to order Molex connectors is onlinecomponents.com (I've had good success with that company.)

There is an "Optional Hand Tool" and there are different tools for different connectors. I'm guessing they are crimp-type tools specialized for these molex connectors. I have no experience with them--if you know anything please chime in.

Howard
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 02-26-2022, 10:35 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Recall? What models, please?
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
      Recall? What models, please?
      Check the recall list on Grand Design website Recalls | Grand Design (granddesignrv.com), or you could call Customer Service with your VIN.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

OK I looked, thank you. This is for the RV absorption refrigerators, and not the residential units.
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
        X