2022 Imagine 2970RL Solar Charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Imagine 2970RL Solar Charging

Hi everyone, unfortunately I've had to store my last few travel trailers in a facility, Due to security I've gotten into the habit of removing my RV batteries and storing them in my garage on a battery tender. Question 1: with the 165W solar panel factory installed on the roof of the 2970RL, can I store the RV after figuring out a way to secure the batteries on the tongue, with the panels serving as a trickle charger / battery tender? If so, I imagine that I should keep the 12V fridge turned off, though there will be a parasitic drain from the microwave / entertainment / thermostats. Question 2: assuming the answer to question 1 is "yes," what systems have any of you had success with using in order to secure batteries to the A frame? I appreciate any insights and thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

The 165 watt panel and MPPT controller should have no problem keeping up with the parasitic loads as long as you don't have several days of thick cloud cover or a blanket of snow.

I use something similar to the link below to lock my lithium batteries to the frame.

https://www.campingworld.com/dual-ba...ck-109432.html

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Just wanted to add that there is no parasitic draw from the microwave from the 12 v dc system, microwaves are only 120 v ac.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So for the battery box I put on the 27" rvlockbox.holds 2 battleborn with plenty of room.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210424_160804.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	78202
        27" Smooth aluminum box.  * Fits 2 - Group 24, Group 27, or 6V Deep Cycle batteries.  * Slide top. Does not come with a lock. * Outside dimensions - 27" long x 9.5" wide x 12.875" high.  * Inside dimensions at the top are 26"L x 8"w x 12"h.  Equipped with three knockout holes, grommet, and self tapping screws. Powder coated Matte Black finish. ***Double check your trailer dimensions before ordering. These boxes are not water proof.  
        2018 GMC HD Denali Duramax
        2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        Reese Dual-Cam straight-line hitch

Comment

Working...
        X