No power on 3rd DC circuit 2022 Imagine XLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WanderBard View Post
    Contacted the dealer and they were no help. He said appointments are about 10 weeks out. He said I could drop it off and they might have a chance to look at it sometime.

So I went out there after work and pulled the coroplast down. That adhesive is a booger. If you try to pull the coroplast it just tears where it's attached with adhesive. I used a putty knife and a small saw to cut through the giant gobs and separate it from where it attached to the frame.

I pulled down the passenger side first and traced the wire and saw that it went over to the driver side just above all the sewer connections where there were some butt splices. So I had to pull it from that side but the sewer pipe was apparently installed through a hole they cut after putting up the coroplast so no way to really pull it down. I got it pulled down far enough to reach up in there and feel around in the blind and individually pull wires into view. I found the Orange-White wire. It was butt spliced 3 different times to form a second circuit heading back to the other side of the camper for the furnace <sigh>.

Anyway, I turned the vent fan above the stove on which was on the dead circuit and fiddled with all the butt splices until I found one that turned it back on. I re-crimped the connection and so far so good.

I reattached the coroplast with the 75 screws (just kidding, only 25)... reattached all the gas line fittings... and now I just have to purchase some of that adhesive and glue it back together.

It's been a fun first week with the camper, and I am more familiar with mess of wiring under there than I would like to be.

Click image for larger version Name:	bad-connection.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	81277
    This may have changed but for my 2018 unit this is what GD used. Give customer service a call and ask what the current product is
    The original sealant that GD uses is made by boring-smith its called Power Hold RV Black Foam. Comes in a 24oz can and requires a foam gun. You can fin it in their web page https://boringsmith.com/p/convenienc...t-p8hhjq69b94a
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

This may have changed but for my 2018 unit this is what GD used. Give customer service a call and ask what the current product is
      The original sealant that GD uses is made by boring-smith its called Power Hold RV Black Foam. Comes in a 24oz can and requires a foam gun. You can fin it in their web page https://boringsmith.com/p/convenienc...t-p8hhjq69b94a
      I went to my dealer today. The service manager said they've switch to black silicone. They gave me 3 tubes of the black silicone for "free".
      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      2020 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with rear air shocks

Comment

Working...
      X