Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 2600RB batteries not charging, maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the interstate site and the lugs on top of the battery, it appears someone put dual purpose batteries in your camper. https://www.interstatebatteries.com/...s/dual-purpose Found this on another camper forum:
    HD = Heavy Duty
    24 = Group 24 Size
    MDC = Marine/Deep Cycle

Not much info on capacity but I would venture to guess based on the deep cycle dual purpose its somewhere between 60 and 80 amps.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by jimgoings View Post
      The manual can be found in this post and it's not subtle about needing to discharge the batteries...
      Step 3 in the Furrion's manual is exactly the same as the step in the Xantrex instruction manual. Based on physical construction my guess is they are the same component, yet the Xantrex's instructions for synchronization make a lot more sense. (I agree with Yoda -- Furrion's discharging is an "interesting" way of doing this. I have to restrain myself from ranting about Furrion...)

If that controller was in my trailer, I'd try the Xantrex's instructions to see if they worked. Discharging the batteries so deeply on purpose seems kind of crazy. Of course try the Xantrex instructions at your own risk. (Post 3 here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...0235#post80235 )

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've decided to pull the trigger on replacing the batteries with two Battleborn LiFePO 100Ah batteries. I will then see if I can calibrate/synchronize the battery monitor. If I actually need to deplete them, then it won't be a problem.

Also, I believe the 2022 model added a Lithium-ready converter. The reason I think this is that there is a large sticker on the front near the breakers that says automatic lithium detection. Not sure how it does that, but if so, cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jimgoings View Post
          Thanks everyone. I've decided to pull the trigger on replacing the batteries with two Battleborn LiFePO 100Ah batteries. I will then see if I can calibrate/synchronize the battery monitor. If I actually need to deplete them, then it won't be a problem.

Also, I believe the 2022 model added a Lithium-ready converter. The reason I think this is that there is a large sticker on the front near the breakers that says automatic lithium detection. Not sure how it does that, but if so, cool.
          Please do the forum the favor of reporting back once the upgrade is complete--someone else is bound to benefit from the experience. (Thanks in advance!)
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X