Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert Ground Control 3.0 electric leveling system

I am a new owner of GD 226RK
    Does anyone know if the Ground Control requires 50 Amp service (we were told that only 50 amp was for two air conditioners) I have a 226RK with 50 and however I and a 50 to 30 amp reducer as my trailer only has one air conditioner and not all campgrounds have 50 amp service. We prefer 30 amp and everything seems to work except we are having trouble with GC 3.0 at the current campground
    Thank you for your help
    Wayne

wfwilson

The Ground Control 3.0 does not depend on 50 or 30 amp service, it does require a good healthy and fully charged battery. If you are having issues with it the battery may be low also check to see that the battery disconnect is not turned off, some units are wired so the does not charge if the disconnect is in the off position.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

wfwilson

As Brian stated the Ground Control system works off 12vdc, not the 30/50 amp AC provided at the pedestal (except that when connected to AC your converter is charging your battery which supplies 12vdc).

Tell us what kind of problems are you experiencing with the leveling system?
      2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

I had issues with my GC system when the dealer had it for a month. They let the batteries get depleted. Even with it plugged in, it wouldn't function correctly. I had to let it charge up fully and do a retract all and it was fine after that.
        2020 GD 320G
        2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Everyone thank you for your response. I now know CG3 .0 works from the battery I have had a response from the factory and I have very slow internet and can not download PDF I will have to wait till I get home. to try and solve issue. I kept getting the message All Jack Fault but the jacks still work on and individual basis just auto level does not work
          Thank again everyone
          I will keep you posted.
          Regards
          Wayne
          PS I checked the battery disconnect and it is connected. I know the battery is charging because I can see on the gauges inside and the 12 V fridge is working

Comment

Originally posted by wfwilson View Post
            I am a new owner of GD 226RK
            Does anyone know if the Ground Control requires 50 Amp service (we were told that only 50 amp was for two air conditioners) I have a 226RK with 50 and however I and a 50 to 30 amp reducer as my trailer only has one air conditioner and not all campgrounds have 50 amp service. We prefer 30 amp and everything seems to work except we are having trouble with GC 3.0 at the current campground
            Thank you for your help
            Wayne
            If you have your rig’s manual. Look up your lip pert 3.0 system and find the section about doing a zero point level and how to home your jacks. Should solve your issues.
            John and Teresa
            "19" 2500 HD GMC Sierra Duramax SLT.
            "17" 303RLS

Comment

Working...
            X