Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery Status Different On BMV and Multiplus (Not Sync'd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Status Different On BMV and Multiplus (Not Sync'd)

The text below was recieved by PM from Jpooler . With his permission I'm posting here for discussion and future reference. (Jonathon was a classmate of mine at RVSA.) -Howard
    Hello!!

So an issue I am having with my Victron setup is that the battery status (like the voltage, state of charge, amps, etc...) is not matching when I look on the app for the phone and the computer via the USB connection.

I've attached screenshots to aid in my explanation.

Any ideas as to why they are not the same? And how do I get them to match?

Thanks for any feedback!!

Jonathan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image000000.png
Views:	246
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	90620

Name:	IMG_20220720_093657_01.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	90621
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Jpooler As discussed IN PM I'm going to paste my original reply here:

That said I think what you are seeing there is the data from the inverter on your laptop, and the shunt in the app on your phone. The inverter has some limited abilities to calculate the SOC and battery capacity, but my understanding is it is not very accurate. Honestly I have not looked at mine very often, I only connect my laptop when I want to change a setting or do a update on the Multiplus. As long as your shunt is reading correctly, that is the one you want to go with.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

ncitro -- I can't figure out how he's getting the display at all in the VictronConnect app. Is the Multiplus II a VE.Direct capable component? All I can see is the solar controller and battery monitor (as options) both locally and through VRM.

Howard & Francine

Comment

ncitro -- unless Jpooler is connecting to the Multiplus II directly with a MK3-USB interface?

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          ncitro -- unless Jpooler is connecting to the Multiplus II directly with a MK3-USB interface?

Yes that's what I thought he was doing. He said computer via USB connection I figured that's what he meant.

Neil Citro

Comment

Jpooler -- the slight voltage difference is easily explained since the SmartShunt and Multiplus are sensing at different locations. The very slight voltage difference is nothing to worry about.

The SoC difference, though, is puzzling. It shouldn't be that far off.

When you log into VRM, what does the home page status show? (Make sure and click "Show Details".) As an example, mine is below.

Name:	details.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	90638

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              Jpooler -- the slight voltage difference is easily explained since the SmartShunt and Multiplus are sensing at different locations. The very slight voltage difference is nothing to worry about.

The SoC difference, though, is puzzling. It shouldn't be that far off.

When you log into VRM, what does the home page status show? (Make sure and click "Show Details".) As an example, mine is below.

Name:	details.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	90638

I think there is an option in there too have the Multiplus measure the SOC (for if you don't have a shunt). I bet that's the SOC he's seeing when connected to the Multiplus.

Neil Citro

Comment

Here is a post on the Victron forum discussing it. It looks like the SOC you see in the Multiplus in Victron connect does not account for Abby charging from other sources...

https://community.victronenergy.com/...us-firmwa.html

Neil Citro

Comment

howson ncitro I think the SOC difference might be causing a slight issue. Last night I started my generator and plugged my coach in. According to the app, I was at 60ish% and should have been in a bulk charging stage, but on my computer, it said the SOC was in the 80's% and had put me in an absorption phase. Not really sure how much of an issue that is.....

And just to clarify, I don't use the Cerbo GX. I connect to my system via the VictronConnect app on my phone (through the SmartShunt) and the VictronConnect program on my computer (through the MK3-USB)
                  2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE, 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500 LT Crew Cab 4x4 6.6L Gas

Comment

Jpooler I've never run that way but it should work. The Multiplus does not determine it's charge mode based on state of charge, but on battery voltage. In the charger settings in Victron Connect you set what voltage each stage is at. For my Lion Energy batteries they recommended setting all the charge modes to the same voltage, and let the batteries BMS taper the charge. As a result of that it full charge current (125A) to about 99% SOC on my BMV. What does SOK recommend, and what do you have programmed into the Multiplus for charging parameters?

Neil Citro

Comment

Jpooler -- I agree with Neil. Can you post snapshots of the battery config (Smartshunt) and Charger tab config (Multiplus)?

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
                      X