Command Center switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Center switches

Switches in the Command Center of our new 2022 280RS are a mix of pressing the bottom of the switch for OFF and pressing the bottom of the switch for ON. I thought that down for OFF was the normal convention used in most of North America. But the way it is, I almost have to try each one to make sure it's off.

Does anyone know if there is a logic to which switches in an RV should be placed so that down is ON instead of OFF?
    2022 Reflection 280 RS
    2020 Silverado 2500 HD

All my switches are down when off. Can you turn the 'odd' switches over to place off down?
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by BR549 View Post
      Switches in the Command Center of our new 2022 280RS are a mix of pressing the bottom of the switch for OFF and pressing the bottom of the switch for ON. I thought that down for OFF was the normal convention used in most of North America. But the way it is, I almost have to try each one to make sure it's off.

Does anyone know if there is a logic to which switches in an RV should be placed so that down is ON instead of OFF?
      I'd link the Welcome Letter but on my phone...hopefully another member will help out.

Are their manual switches in addition to the panel ones that are "upside down:? The CompassConnect board may be looking for a stare change, not necessarily the position of the switch. (Like a three-way light switch in a house.)
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have found that if I use CompassConnect to turn a light 'on' then the physical switch becomes 'up' for 'off'. CompassConnect effectively turns the switching to act like three-way switching for the lighting.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
          I have found that if I use CompassConnect to turn a light 'on' then the physical switch becomes 'up' for 'off'. CompassConnect effectively turns the switching to act like three-way switching for the lighting.
          That’s perfect! Thank you.
          2022 Reflection 280 RS
          2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

Also, there may be a water pump switch out at the water connections. If it gets flipped the internal switch will be backwards.

-Mike-
            2022 Reflection 31 MB w/ Goose Box
            2021 Chevy 2500HD

Comment

Working...
            X