Solar charge controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar charge controller

We have a 22MLE trailer. The Furrion FSCC30PW-BL controller came installed in the forward pass through storage compartment on the front wall opposite the battery disconnect switch. The owners manual says this controller should be mounted in a ventilated area. This storage compartment is Not vented and does Not have a fan. We live in Phoenix- it’s hot. Do I need to install a compartment fan / vent of some kind??

Also, there is a bus terminator switch which has on/ off position. It was in the OFF position. The manual mentions a terminal resistance switch that should be left off. Are these the same switch? And should it be in the OFF position??

Not sure about the switch. I have my solar controller in the pass through on my travel trailer. I run it most of the summer in Tucson with no heating issues. I think the primary thing they are concerned about is putting it in a tight box with no air available at all.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the information. I added my post to “electrical” before I saw a whole section covering “Solar” exclusively

Comment

If you are referring to the switch in the pass thru that has a red key this should be on, key can not be removed, all or most of the time, it is suppose to be a battery disconnect but does not disconnect much, your battery may not charge if this switch is off, key can be removed.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

No, not the battery disconnect. I’m talking about the very small switch on the Solar charge controller labeled bus terminator.

Comment

Sully -- the bus switch is only used if the controller is hooked into an RV-C controller system. GD does not use this system. (CompassConnect uses a "bus" system to communicate, but the protocol is different--I think--from RV-C.)

Since the RV-C bus is not utilized with the Furrion controller, as stated in the manual leave the switch off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	91253

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you very much!!

I was thinking about using the compass control but the app is giving me options for Tennessee RV businesses when I enter a Phoenix zip code. Doesn’t sound reliable to me

Comment

Working...
              X