Stove & related GFCI plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stove & related GFCI plugs

Stove lights, igniter & receptacles above stove & sink island are not working. I have factory solar, so these are wired thru the sub panel. The breaker is good, I measured the voltage on the output side. All other items off the sub panel such as the fridge are working, recliner chairs & bathroom GFCI.

Somewhere their must be a junction where the stoves & plugs get together. Would someone know where this is? I do not want to start taking stuff apart, poking around & guessing.

Off the sub panel, the offending cct cable has a red jacket.

Tx's
    2022 Solitude 310 GK, Solar Package, Awnings, Outdoor Kitchen, Dual AC & Heat Pump
    2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box
    2ea 200ah lithium BT heated

Originally posted by Dale B View Post
    Stove lights, igniter & receptacles above stove & sink island are not working. I have factory solar, so these are wired thru the sub panel. The breaker is good, I measured the voltage on the output side. All other items off the sub panel such as the fridge are working, recliner chairs & bathroom GFCI.

Somewhere their must be a junction where the stoves & plugs get together. Would someone know where this is? I do not want to start taking stuff apart, poking around & guessing.

Off the sub panel, the offending cct cable has a red jacket.

Tx's
    Not sure what trailer you have, but if these circuits are in your slide out, underneath there will be a "Molex" plug that transitions from the solid Romex wire under the trailer to the flexible stranded wire in the slide box. I would check that plug. It should be just inside the frame above the coroplast.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Not sure what trailer you have, but if these circuits are in your slide out, underneath there will be a "Molex" plug that transitions from the solid Romex wire under the trailer to the flexible stranded wire in the slide box. I would check that plug. It should be just inside the frame above the coroplast.
      Tx's, I have a 2022 310 GK, I will search what a Molex plug is. The cct's are in the slide out, stove & above counter plugs. There are two additional plugs that are fixed in the Island Kitchen n/w. Somewhere these all GTG.

The fridge is in the slide, that works fine. Fridge is also close to the main panel, the shortest route would be to the fridge. I wonder if they would run those two cct's sxs.
      2022 Solitude 310 GK, Solar Package, Awnings, Outdoor Kitchen, Dual AC & Heat Pump
      2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box

Comment

Dale: See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lex-connectors

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          Very nice! Such a wealth of info this forum!

The good news is I can still manually lite the stove, I thought initially there was a gas valve that was electrically powered. The gas still flows.
          2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box

Comment

Originally posted by Dale B View Post

Very nice! Such a wealth of info this forum!

The good news is I can still manually lite the stove, I thought initially there was a gas valve that was electrically powered. The gas still flows.
            The gas valve will be operated by 12 v dc power so the stove can be used when not on shore power.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Following up my converter thread & getting some help from a local RV tech I find this rather embarrassing. It demonstrates how something so simple can be over complicated, by my own self

The cct I'm working with is GF protected by the bathroom GFIC plug, press the reset button & boom! All is well again.

I did go back thru the owner's manual, wondering if I overlooked this important bit of information somewhere. It does talk about testing the breakers, nothing about the kitchen & bathroom tied together.

Simple is good!
              2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box

Comment

Working...
              X