Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 247bh charging time

I have a 2021 247bh transcend with the solar package
    i had a flooded battery in year 1, and found that initially the solar wold keep up with charging the battery. This year I find that by late evening the battery is too low for lights. Replaced with an agm battery but still low batter. Only consistent load is the 12 v fridge o the off grid setting. Am i expecting too much?

Originally posted by aljas.eerik@gmail.com View Post
    I have a 2021 247bh transcend with the solar package
    i had a flooded battery in year 1, and found that initially the solar wold keep up with charging the battery. This year I find that by late evening the battery is too low for lights. Replaced with an agm battery but still low batter. Only consistent load is the 12 v fridge o the off grid setting. Am i expecting too much?
    Are you sure that solar power is getting to the controller, and also is solar controller power getting to the battery?

This can be confirmed with a meter and of course sunlight.

Another thought is have you increased your 12 v dc usage since last year, more light usage or others?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

aljas.eerik@gmail.com

First--please take a moment to read the Welcome Letter. As you'll discover, it's not a good idea to use an email address as a forum name, so if you want if changed let myself or any of the other moderators know what you'd like it changed to. (At this point you can't do it yourself.) Welcome Letter is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

For your specific question regarding charging the battery--did your Transcend come with a battery monitor? I'm referencing the Furrion unit (as shown below) not the simple lights on the convenience panel.

If your unit does not have what I consider a "true" battery monitor, consider having one installed (or doing it yourself). My favorite is the Victron BMV-712 or the Victron SmartShunt. Lots and lots of threads and posts on the unit here, as well as on YouTube.

Victron Intro to the BMV-712 Video

The point of having a battery monitor is you'll know if the battery is charging, not charging, and how much battery capacity is left at any given time. What could be happening is the battery is ran too low, which can damage a conventional battery. Repeat this cycle too many times and the battery loses considerable capacity to charge.

My fellow moderator, TucsonJim , has a "Battery 101" presentation posted in the Reference Library. it will give you more info on batteries:https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ithium-battery

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X