Running dedicated 12V line to Solera Smart Arm awning controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running dedicated 12V line to Solera Smart Arm awning controller

I recently replaced my Lippert Solera standard 12V powered awning arm with a Smart Arm. The Smart Arm control panel module requires a dedicated 12V fused line with 14 AWG wire. What is the easiest pathway to run the line up to where my existing wires connect to the awning? My unit is a 2022 Imagine 17MKE.

ku7s Not sure this is going to be easy. Usually a challenge to run a dedicated line (vs tapping an existing one), especially since it reads as if the module is installed on the exterior of the camper? Getting a new wire to the upper, forward part of the awning (I assume this is where the existing power wires exit the camper) will be very difficult, if not impossible, due to the laminated composite wall structure.

Can the module be mounted low on the wall? I tried looking up the specs (amp draw, etc) but internet at this campground is abysmal. Hopefully another member can help with some ideas.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Find where the original wires connect inside and use those for the feed to the outside.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
      X