Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut wires

Hello All,

We just recently purchased a 2019 Grand Design Transcend 321BH. everything works perfectly or at least i thought. Both batteries were stolen at the storage lot, no biggie i hooked up to tow vehicle and tested slide out and all lighting etc. I pushed all the buttons that read the gray tanks and black tanks and the lights came on empty. Any way after getting it home and crawling around under the trailer with a creeper i notices two places where the underbelly membrane was cut with a razor knife and the wires cut on both tanks. does any one know what the series of 4 wires go to the red blue grey and white and also what possible reason would someone cut the wires?

jestertattoo -- those wires look like they belong to a tank sensor harness. Could be fresh water, gray, or the black tank. Why they'd be cut...possibly replaced and the technician left the old one's installed?

Not a GD pic, but it should give you an idea of what a tank sensor wiring harness looks like installed on a tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wires.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	94750
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

jestertattoo -- as fate would have it, the next thread I read was WondersAwait 's mod to add the SeeLevelII system. Good pics in that thread of the tanks and wiring. Check it out. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...i-tank-sensors
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Maybe they were cut because they weren't working and they wanted it to show empty/working for sale. Sad if true...
        Jim (& Sharon)
        2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
        2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
        The toys:
        2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
        2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Working...
        X