GFI not resetting 2022 378MBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    After removing all loads from receptacles.....make sure you include the outdoor one(s)....I would replace the offending receptacle. GFCI receptacles are very cheaply built and prone to failure.
    On the other hand......you are under warranty. So you could bring it in....but up to you
    If there is power at the GFCI, I also agree to replace it. After changing to the third GFCI and moving to a different brand on the last one I've had no more issues. I believe its a leviton and has a self diagnostic feature that I really like. Small LED that reports state and condition.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by nmluthy View Post
      Thanks both for the additional context. howson - I wholeheartedly agree. I had someone come over that is far more intune with electricity. We actually worked through socket by socket on the GFI string and found that somewhere between the kitchen island outlet and the outlet above the stove which is where the sequence "ends" is where the issue lies. The socket behind the stove is not marked as "GFI protected" but might be as the stove isn't working - that or i've got two issues to work. We ended up temporarily terminating the GFI sequence at the island and I'm gonna get a service appointment set up. We successfully got 7 GFI protected sockets "back" and only have the oven and the outlet by the stovetop out of service.
      Excellent work. From what you say I would guess one of the molex connectors has gone bad. The on the inside the frame should be easy to find as it will be within inches of the frame penetration on the inside. Just undo a couple of the coroplast fasteners and you should be able to see it. BTW have you checked the power cable going to the slide - it may gave gotten pinched.

Hope this helps
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

nmluthy -- Yoda is spot on. If an outlet in the slide is not working, it's highly likely to be the molex connection that's been mentioned before in this thread. There are many threads on the Molex if you search for that term. One example:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lex-connectors

Look forward to reading what resolves the issue.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X