Inverter remote control on/off switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter remote control on/off switch

I just got 2020 Solitude 3740BH last week and have a question about the inverter. There is a remote control switch in one of our cabinets that the tech did not cover during our walk through. I am currently plugged into shore power. Should the inverter be on or off? I can't find any information in my paperwork.

Assuming your Solitude has the residential fridge....

The inverter in my Solitude 373FB-R (R=Residential fridge) was only turned on when I was disconnected from shore power and running the residential fridge from batteries. In my unit, the fridge was the only thing connected to the inverter. The inverter isn't necessary when connected to shore power.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Beamer View Post
      I just got 2020 Solitude 3740BH last week and have a question about the inverter. There is a remote control switch in one of our cabinets that the tech did not cover during our walk through. I am currently plugged into shore power. Should the inverter be on or off? I can't find any information in my paperwork.
      Do you have a residential refrigerator?
      If not; the breaker is miss-labeled.
      If you do; the inverter switch should be on when unplugged for 120 power to the residential refrigerator. KEN
      Last edited by orbiker; 12-27-2019, 10:00 PM.
      2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. It's HUGE.
      Update: Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19
      10-19-18 - 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4 X 4 Long Box.

Comment

We do have a residential fridge. So it should be only turned on when I am not plugged into shore power?

Comment

If the remote switch has WFCO labeled, then it's probably for the WF-5110R inverter. https://wfcoelectronics.com/product/wf-5110r/
          Manual for it says when it's on it'll pass shore power thru to the frig. If loss of shore power it'll start inverting to send power to the frig.
          If turned off it still passes shore power to the frig, you'd have to remember to turn it on when not on shore power.
          Gene and Kim
          2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
          2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Beamer View Post
            We do have a residential fridge. So it should be only turned on when I am not plugged into shore power?
            According to GD's Parts Lookup website (link on the menu bar at the top of the screen) the 2020 3740 Solitude can have one of three inverter combinations. (!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	inverters.JPG
Views:	1624
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	9755

You *should* have a copy of the build sheet with the documentation given to you upon delivery. On mine the WFCO converter (I didn't get an inverter) is listed along with the serial number.

Here's a snip of my build sheet:

Name:	build sheet.JPG
Views:	1470
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	9756

If you can find that documentation it will remove all the mystery behind what you have and then you can consult the applicable owner's manual like Gene documented in his post.

If you don't have the build sheet, call Grand Design Customer Service and provide them with your VIN number. They'll be glad to email you a copy.

-Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

According to GD's Parts Lookup we**ite (link on the menu bar at the top of the screen) the 2020 3740 Solitude can have one of three inverter combinations. (!)

Name:	inverters.JPG
Views:	1624
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	9755

You *should* have a copy of the build sheet with the documentation given to you upon delivery. On mine the WFCO converter (I didn't get an inverter) is listed along with the serial number.

Here's a snip of my build sheet:

Name:	build sheet.JPG
Views:	1470
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	9756

If you can find that documentation it will remove all the mystery behind what you have and then you can consult the applicable owner's manual like Gene documented in his post.

If you don't have the build sheet, call Grand Design Customer Service and provide them with your VIN number. They'll be glad to email you a copy.

-Howard
              The newer builds will have the larger inverter for the solar option.
              Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV in Shoemakersville, PA

2020 Reflectiopn 260RD owner towed by a 2011 RAM 3500 with Cummins power.

Comment

Working...
              X