Solar/electric issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar/electric issues

Hi I have 2022 reflection 268bh. 2 185 solar panels. Furion control charger, Renogy 2000w inverter charger.

My issue is when we are connected to shore power microwave, coffee maker, or 1200 watt ceramic heater we lose power, no breakers tripped. We have contacted dealer with these issues. They installed 250amp breaker in the basement thinking that was the issue. We tried the ceramic heater b4 we left dealership and everything worked.

Now we are at another cg hooked to 50amp shore power and the same thingbis happening.

We also have a problem with battery discharge from 100% to about 25% overnight. This makes me think that shore power is not the priority. I did check the inverter and it is set to shore priority but doesn't make sense why the discharge.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Judieb68; 10-22-2022, 06:30 PM.

Originally posted by Judieb68 View Post
    Hi I have 2022 reflection 268bh. 2 185 solar panels. Furion control charger, Renogy 2000w inverter charger.

My issue is when we are connected to shore power microwave, coffee maker, or 1200 watt ceramic heater we lose power, no breakers tripped. We have contacted dealer with these issues. They installed 250amp breaker in the basement thinking that was the issue. We tried the ceramic heater b4 we left dealership and everything worked.

Now we are at another cg hooked to 50amp shore power and the same thingbis happening.

We also have a problem with battery discharge from 100% to about 25% overnight. This makes me think that shore power is not the priority. I did check the inverter and it is set to shore priority but doesn't make sense why the discharge.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm guessing that others are thinking, "Where do we begin?"

I need a clarification about what you mean, "when we are connected to shore power microwave, coffee maker, or 1200 watt ceramic heater we lose power". You connect to shore power, you turn on the microwave, and THEN what? the microwave loses power?

Look at your distribution panel where the circuit breakers are. Are the microwave, coffee maker, and heater all on the same side of the panel? The way the 50 amp panel is set up is that all the 15 and 20 amp breakers close to one of the 50 amp breakers are on Leg 1 and all the breakers close to the other 50 amp breaker are on Leg 2. So if you can determine that everything that fails is on the same Leg then you can diagnose from there.
    Pat and Karen
    2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

I am going to guess that there is a problem with the main power input on the camper. Sounds like only 1 leg of the power chord is making contact and supplying power to the unit, or the breaker feeding those components has an issue. Can you post a picture of your breaker panel as there are at least 3 known types out there.

I'm guessing that you will find all of the affected components are on the same branch of the power panel. Had a similar issue where the connection from the power cord to the side of the camper was only working on 1 leg. After about 30 minutes of pulling things apart, I found that they were all on the same branch. Went outside checked all of my connections and magically everything started working.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I'm strictly guessing here. You state you have a 2000watt inverter. It sounds like several of the circuits are powered by the inverter. If you have shore power, do you have a transfer switch that is disconnecting the power for the inverter in preference of the shore power? The wiring on these units can get very complicated, and we'd need to be able to trace your system to see if you have dedicated outlets wired directly to the inverter.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X