378MBS-R 110 outlets not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 378MBS-R 110 outlets not working

110 outlets not working, checked power to rig (checked ok), reset GFI and reset all breakers, 12v works. Is there another master fuse? Thanks in advance.
    I am on a 120 vac extension cord to run the fridge and a table light only.
    Last edited by maccamp; 11-19-2022, 10:39 PM.

Is this all outlets or just some? Check GFCI master outlets for reset (probably bathroom and kitchen areas). These affect downstream outlets as well.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

You may have a second breaker box, check under the bottom step to the bedroom for screws holding the step on, it might also be behind the rear wall in the pass thru.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

All the outlets are not working, notice that the microwave is getting power.

Comment

Can you provide more information on your alternating current power source, maccamp? How many amps can you pull?
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Being as you are on a "120 vac extension cord", which I would think is plugged into a 15 or 10 amp outlet and I am guessing that you have an adaptor to the 50 amp inlet on the side of the RV the adaptor may not be correct in allowing power to both sides of the 50 amp power panel, thus there is only a few outlets and items that work which may all be on the same side of the 50 amp breaker panel.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The only thing that is running is a Samsung Refrigerator and we have been using the 120 from house on extension cord when we are home and works all year.

Comment

Originally posted by maccamp View Post
                The only thing that is running is a Samsung Refrigerator and we have been using the 120 from house on extension cord when we are home and works all year.
                With that info, and seeing that you have a "R" version, you have an inverter line that is powering the fridge and an automatic transfer switch so what I am thinking is the inverter is using battery power to run the fridge and the 120 vac line is running the converter to charge the battery. The transfer switch may not be functioning properly. Hopefully there is someone with more experience with this that will help more.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

With that info, and seeing that you have a "R" version, you have an inverter line that is powering the fridge and an automatic transfer switch so what I am thinking is the inverter is using battery power to run the fridge and the 120 vac line is running the converter to charge the battery. The transfer switch may not be functioning properly. Hopefully there is someone with more experience with this that will help more.

Brian
                  Thanks Brian I am going to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                    Can you provide more information on your alternating current power source, maccamp? How many amps can you pull?
                    15 amp outlet on the house and a short extension cord. This setup is used to keep the fridge running and 1 led table lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                      Being as you are on a "120 vac extension cord", which I would think is plugged into a 15 or 10 amp outlet and I am guessing that you have an adaptor to the 50 amp inlet on the side of the RV the adaptor may not be correct in allowing power to both sides of the 50 amp power panel, thus there is only a few outlets and items that work which may all be on the same side of the 50 amp breaker panel.

Brian
                      This adaptor has been working for the past couple of years on two different RVs.

Comment

It is quite possible that the microwave is on the same circuit as the fridge . . . explaining why that is on. Where is the lamp getting power from?

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by maccamp View Post
                          This adaptor has been working for the past couple of years on two different RVs.
                          Can you post pictures of how the extension cord is wired to the camper?
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Have you used this setup on this unit before? You may need to verify that the 30-50 adapter is powering both legs of the 50 side. After that, double check where the chord attaches to the side of the unit. I had it happen that one of the legs for some reason did not make contact thus causing issues with everything that should have been powered by that leg.

If you post a pic of the AC breaker panel, someone here might be able to suggest what to look at. There are several versions that have been noted thus far ranging from a home standard ABABABAB setup to AAAABBBB and even an ABABBBB where the latter is designed to for the inverter to run select appliance only.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hello All,
                              New to the RV world, lots to learn! We just bought a new to us, 2020 Imagine 2970RL. We have about 50% of the AC outlets not working, all breakers and fuses are in working order. I have only found 1 GFCI outlet with reset button in the bathroom, it was was not working. I removed the outlet/socket and hardwired with no success. I cannot locate anymore GFCI outlets with reset buttons on the trailer. I think it is a simple tripped GFCI issue….just can’t find it!
                              Any suggestions are welcome.
                              thank you!
                              Saselden

Comment

Working...
                              X