HVAC Temperature discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC Temperature discrepancy

I was thinking that the temperature reported by the OneControl and actual temperature was off by a bit.
    I placed a thermometer adjacent to each wall sensor.
    The panel reported a 4deg F higher temp than the independent thermometers.
    Example: Main temp is about 74 from the OneControl. Other thermometers report about 69 deg F.
    Has anyone found a way of "Calibrating" the OneControl for temperature?

Thanks.
    Steve
    2022 Momentum 381MS
    2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
    Reese Elite 27K Puck System
    Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

Raven's Roost -- I can't remember anyone ever calibrating the temperature display.

Can you post a picture of the sensors mentioned in your post? How many are there in your Momentum and where are they placed?

What I'm wondering is if the OneControl is somehow averaging the different temps. For example, I have an Ecobee thermostat in my home, There are eight independent sensors around the house. The thermostat is showing 74 degrees, with the sensors around the house showing a range of 70 to 72 degrees.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,
      Thanks for the reply.
      There are three sensors: Bedroom, Main Salon, Garage. The main and garage are separated by a wall and are back to back.
      I am including pictures of one sensor from the main salon and of the OneControl TP.
      A thermometer sitting on the galley island agrees with the main thermometer. (ok...they differ by 0.2 def F. Close enough!)

Steve
      Click image for larger version

Name:	OneControl.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	108296

Name:	Main.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	108297
      2022 Momentum 381MS
      2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Raven's Roost -- interesting!

Gee whiz info: the output of those sensors (the wires) are connected directly to the inputs on the Unity X4 board at the HVAC connector. Pins 3, 4 and 5 are labeled as "thermistor 1,2,& 3 " thus why you can have up to three sensors in your Momentum.

Name:	HVAC.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	108300

Pin 2 is labeled "sensor power" and pin 1 is the +12v (labeled "common" for some odd reason).

What would be interesting to know (only Lippert could answer) is how they compensate, if any, for the difference in resistance due to different lengths of wire (surely they are not all the same length?). I'd also be curious to know if they have a way to calibrate the sensors. If there is a way, what is the process to do so? (I googled the topic and oh boy...one can fall down a deep rabbit hole reading about all the ways to calibrate a temperature sensor!)

Intensely interested in what you find out, so (hopefully) you'll give Lippert a call and see what they say.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson - That rabbit hole is going to have to wait.
          Gearing up for a weekend trip with the grandson!

Wonder how everyone else deals with temperature differences between actual and reported by the OCTP (OneControl Touch Panel)?

Thanks,
          Steve
          2022 Momentum 381MS
          2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Working...
          X