Enhanced/ updated Furrion ac control box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhanced/ updated Furrion ac control box

I realize there are a number of threads on this, but does anyone have the actual part numbers for the enhanced/updated Furrion ac thermostat and control board?
    Thank you.
    Rich

I did not know that these upgrades exist. But I did get an email from Furion/Lippert today:

"From Lippert Customer Service
    To Me:

Good Afternoon,

The Furrion system uses a room temperature sensor in the ceiling at the controller to detect indoor air temperature. Because of this, it is recommended that the indoor fan run constantly to continue to have the room air pass the sensor for accurate temperature detection. Running the fan constantly to always circulate air also helps improve efficiency and reduce cold/hot spots throughout the RV.
    It is our recommendation to run the indoor fan constantly in all units for accurate temperature detection, and improved efficiency. If the thermostats are detecting an accurate temp when the indoor fans are running, then the system is working correctly and replacing components is not needed.

Thank you,

Sophie Q
    Lippert Customer Care Center, Appliance & Electronics Technician​

So my guess is they don't feel there is a need to improve their system.
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Although Furrion stated the above there is an issue with the system. In order for the system to work as designed the "indoor fan" described is the air conditioner fan that needs to run continuously while the furnace is running in order for the temp probe to see the actual temperature. This is not applicable if one is dry camping with no shore power to operate the air conditioner unit. This is why Furrion/Lippert came up with the alternate thermostat. This thermostat is available from Lippert/Furrion, call with your VIN and they "should" send you one. If you wish to do a modification yourself here is a thread that will help you, and a lenghty discussion, Furrion AC Temp Sensor Relocation: Alternative, parts-free method - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

That is true and my unit has the newer thermostat with the furnace sensor. This issue is with the A/C sensor still in the A/C unit. Why can they not use the thermostat sensor mounted in the wall for both A/C and furnace? It's how it's always been done in the past. Why fix something that was not broken. I for one don't like the A/C fan running constantly.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

My 2019 Tiffin MH had Coleman heat pump A/Cs the sensors were mounted on the ceiling. Unfortunately they ran the sensor leads through the duct work which affected their accuracy. Perhaps the consumer is expecting too much by wanting to set a temperature and having the equipment deliver it.

Comment

Well this was my response to Furrion/Lippert Customer Service/Tech Support:

7:37 AM (0 minutes ago)
            to Furrion
            Hi Sophie Q,

Well if I had known that I would have to have the A/C fan running continuously in my RV while using Furrion Chill A/C I would have not bought this RV. I have owned many RVs in the past with Dometic and Coleman A/Cs and have never had this issue before. A simple issue that was solved by other manufacturers decades ago and now re-introduced by Furrion is sub-standard in this day and age. I'll be sure to never own or recommend this product to anyone.​

Comment

I'm also a member of several other online RV tech forums and will spread the word.

Comment

Working...
              X