X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propane heater air distribution in 390rk MY 2024

hello .
    as I'm still new to the GD forum here, i wanted to start my first "post"

after getting the new rig, I had the option to start very basic "start-up" at our house. As we had some chilly days here in MI, I did switch on the propane heater and the living room and kitchen area did warm up in a reasonable timeframe.
    • But I was very disappointed about the (non) warm up of the bathroom and the bedroom.
    • There was close to zero airflow out of those vents – when the airflow in the kitchen vent was 9 out 10;
      the bathroom was 1 out of 10.
      ..my wife is questioning how we should get the bath warm for taking a shower….
      the bedroom was 2 put of 10 only...
    I read through some chats in the web and it seems that others are facing a similar “negative impression”
    can somebody share where the Airduct "split" happens -> to allow me to work through that in January before we go on the first "trip" ... unit is currently stored.

Thx
    Last edited by Country Campers; 12-10-2023, 06:24 PM. Reason: changed font to Forum standard
    preparing for retirement😂
    F 350 6.7 power stroke; CC- Lariat; SRW (6.5 ft bed and curt sliding hitch)
    Solitude 390 rk (2024)

Originally posted by guwa View Post
    hello .
    as I'm still new to the GD forum here, i wanted to start my first "post"

after getting the new rig, I had the option to start very basic "start-up" at our house. As we had some chilly days here in MI, I did switch on the propane heater and the living room and kitchen area did warm up in a reasonable timeframe.
    • But I was very disappointed about the (non) warm up of the bathroom and the bedroom.
    • There was close to zero airflow out of those vents – when the airflow in the kitchen vent was 9 out 10;
      the bathroom was 1 out of 10.
      ..my wife is questioning how we should get the bath warm for taking a shower….
      the bedroom was 2 put of 10 only...
    I read through some chats in the web and it seems that others are facing a similar “negative impression”
    can somebody share where the Airduct "split" happens -> to allow me to work through that in January before we go on the first "trip" ... unit is currently stored.

Thx
    Welcome to the forum. I pulled the print for the Solitude 390RK and looked at the Heat/Air plan dated 8/15/2017. According to the drawing, both the bath and the bedroom are supplied heat via a 4" duct. In addition, the furnace is located in the area of the bathroom, so there should be terrific airflow in these areas.

This leads me to suspect that the flexible air ducts are loose, restricted or collapsed. I believe on your model, the air ducts can easily be inspected by opening the rear wall in the basement storage area and taking a look at them. Sometimes, they simply fall off the furnace duct outlet. If so, reinstall them with a screw clamp and some metalized duct tape such as that from 3M. If they are collapsed, you may be able to make a simple repair by rerouting them away from anything that is pressing on them.

Please let us know how your inspection goes.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thx Jim for the fast feedback.
      Will look into that topic when weather in MI will allow....🙄
      preparing for retirement😂
      F 350 6.7 power stroke; CC- Lariat; SRW (6.5 ft bed and curt sliding hitch)
      Solitude 390 rk (2024)

Comment

as a 390rk owner that has just had a furnace changeout there are 3 furnace outlets. one feeds 4 inch fwd to lr and kitchen, one feeds up to bathroom cabinet -pull the bottom drawer to see joint to bedroom. the little 2 incher feeds the little side vent in the water bay. this gives you 3 places to look before removing all the screws from the bulkhead wall - which includes having to remove the water filter wall mount. we are a couple of years older.
        2021 Solitude 390RK
        No truck - don't travel

Comment

If you remove the angled wall in the passthru you can see the furnace and the duct work. Ours only had a few screws holding it on. Honestly after the second time removing it, I just leave it against the other portion of the wall. You can see all of the ductwork from there, but some may be easier to access after removing the fake fireplace. Our bedroom gets heated by the warm air rising from the living space and the BR A/C stays on year round. When Kelly comes and brings Bevis and Butthead, we have to close the bedroom door, and baby it gets cold in there! I am full time and I use the heat pump supplemented by a 1500 watt radiator heater and the fake fireplace. The furnace doesn't kick in until it gets into the mid 20's.. In the mornings, I cut the A/C off and kick in the furnace to warm the bathroom. I'm considering a small heater to use in the bathroom overnight.
          As much as I love it, hopefully in a month or so I will be waking up in the house every morning for a while.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X