Furnace Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace Issue

I am having furnace issues I have a SFV-35QV furnace. For a couple weeks unit fan didn't seem to be running at full speed, it would run then shut down it finally quit. Removed unit cleaned and found the high limit switch was burnt. Replaced limit switch. Unit is doing same thing fan seems to be running slow and quit again. Not sure if the fan is issue or the board.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Mike _B View Post
    I am having furnace issues I have a SFV-35QV furnace. For a couple weeks unit fan didn't seem to be running at full speed, it would run then shut down it finally quit. Removed unit cleaned and found the high limit switch was burnt. Replaced limit switch. Unit is doing same thing fan seems to be running slow and quit again. Not sure if the fan is issue or the board.

Thanks for any help.
    What year / model of GDRV? (Hint--if you'll fill out your signature line as mentioned in the Welcome Letter it makes it easier for us to help you.)

Also, see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ith-my-furnace for an exhaustive thread that echoes the issue you're having with the furnace.

After reading that other thread, I think you'll agree the best course of action is to get on the phone with GD Customer Service (phone # on "business card", right side of home page).

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mike B
      Did you get a resolution? I'm thinking it was fan bearings...
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike _B View Post

Thanks for any help.
        When mine did something similar under warranty, the dealer replaced the fan motor and so far all has been good.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
        X