Hidden Dometic OFF switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Dometic OFF switch

Greetings, We are currently prepping our "not quite year old" GD Imagine AIM 15RB for a late winter trip. While hooking up the battery, I noticed the furnace fan turned on and ran for several minutes. Now the propane was not turned on and the manual thermostat is at its lowest setting. This made me wonder where the off switch was. Upon looking at the manual I found the furnace under the seat at the table and accessed it under the seat panel. According to the diagram, the "*Switch is located behind door". So I went outside the camper where the exhaust vents and there is the panel which is screwed into the camper and sealed with silicone. There is no access door to use the power switch and no way to see it or access it inside. Is it me or is it dumb that the off switch cannot be accessed?

Help . . .

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately the parts lookup on the Grand Design site does not have the AIM units yet so I cannot confirm but are you sure you have a Dometic furnace? Most of the units I have seen have Suburban furnaces. I know some of the water heaters have a hidden switch behind the outside door for the electric mode (Suburban also I think), but usually the furnace outside cover is screwed down and siliconed, I would be surprised if there is supposed to be a switch there.

Edit: I stand corrected per Country Campers reply below
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

It is not you, but, the thermostat should turn the furnace off. I have a spare furnace and the switch is in a very awkward position, removing the outer panel is the only way to get to it. Being as you have access to the furnace under the seat if you find the wires feeding the furnace power you could install your own switch fi you want. Again the thermostat should have an "off" setting so that nothing comes on, furnace or air conditioner.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X