GE Thermostat - Lousy location in 17MKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Thermostat - Lousy location in 17MKE

I have a GE thermostat in my Imagine 17MKE. It's installed just to the right of the bathroom door, and low enough that I have to bend down to read it.. I've bumped against it walking by three times now, and it's about to fall off. I'd like to move it around the corner next to the mirror, but then, how do I cover the hole in the paneling? Is there a better thermostat out there? This one is very hard to read in anything but perfect light. I keep pressing the labels instead of the black-on-black buttons that are hard to see. Photo of the lousy thing attached.

Attached Files
    Jeff Johnson
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2013 Tahoe LT

You could contact GD for an item called seam tape, you will see it at the seams in the interior paneling. You could use this with a small piece of wood to fill the hole to cover the hole. You could also put a small picture there or anything. The hole should be pretty small for the wires but I have seen large holes also. Put some white nail polish or similar on the buttons to make them stand out.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by KemoSabeFLG View Post
      Is there a better thermostat out there?
      Micro-Air makes an aftermarket model that ncitro and others have installed in their RV. See https://www.microair.net/collections...e-replacements Note that these frequently go on sale.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	133511

The wiring for the GE is quite different from the Coleman-Mach in my RV. The GE's manual is here: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...T1B_Manual.pdf

Note on page 11 the wiring schematic. It looks like a bus system (single comm wire) between the thermostat and control board.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	19.7 KB ID:	133512

To my knowledge all the other thermostats (Airxcel, Furrion, ect) use discrete analog wires for each mode from the thermostat to the control board.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X