Imagine Grand Design 2800BH 2021 Furnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine Grand Design 2800BH 2021 Furnace

I just bought the RV two months ago. Heat comes out very strong in the bedroom through two vents on the wall. Kitchen vent closet to the door works well too. However, heat does not come out of the vent near the rear door, and cold air comes out of bathroom vent. Room heats up to 80-95 degrees before main cabin heat reaches thermostat temperature. Additionally, there is a hole in the floor under the bottom kitchen draw that doesn’t make sense to me as to why it’s there. It simply blows cold air. See picture. Please help.
    Last edited by Country Campers; 12-04-2020, 08:01 AM. Reason: removed phone number

I'm looking at the HVAC drawing for your coach. Unfortunately, it does not show where the return air is. So I'm guessing that hole under the kitchen drawer is the air return. If you're not getting air out of one of more of the ducts, it indicates that a duct has collapsed, blocked or disconnected. If you want to try to repair it yourself, we can try to guide you. but if your unit is only two months old, it's a warrantable item and your dealer should be able to do the work under warranty.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Dcperez17 View Post
      I just bought the RV two months ago. Heat comes out very strong in the bedroom through two vents on the wall. Kitchen vent closet to the door works well too. However, heat does not come out of the vent near the rear door, and cold air comes out of bathroom vent. Room heats up to 80-95 degrees before main cabin heat reaches thermostat temperature. Additionally, there is a hole in the floor under the bottom kitchen draw that doesn’t make sense to me as to why it’s there. It simply blows cold air. See picture. Please help. 757 755 0155
      On our unit, the heating line was not actually attached to the vent near the door. Taking the vent off, I could pull the line out and put a screw in it along with some foil tape and that fixed it. I did notice that the line is split at that point, with one connection to the vent and the other going into the floor, probably for the bathroom. I'm not sure why the hole under the sink but I'm guessing it's for the heating line into the belly? Just FYI, the air return for our unit is in the bedroom. In there we have two vents, one supply and one return.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Two thoughts.
        • Is this supposed to be the "heated" underbelly port? (I have NO idea where it is on the 2800's, even though I have one)
        • I would put some kind of metal screen, or wire mesh over this to keep critters out.
        Mike
        2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
          Two thoughts.
          • Is this supposed to be the "heated" underbelly port? (I have NO idea where it is on the 2800's, even though I have one)
          • I would put some kind of metal screen, or wire mesh over this to keep critters out.
          I don't know if this helps but I was working on my furnace last night in my 2970RL and I have two 4" ducts coming off the furnace. Both go down and through the floor. I determined that one of them goes to the heat registers under the kitchen island and the other would be used for the underbelly heating. I have two 2" ducts that are above the floor and running to the bathroom and the other running under the shower (?) and to the register in the bedroom.
          Mike & Lisa
          Central Florida
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
          X