Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion Chill AC Unit Temperature Sensor Relocation Kit (Castle Winch P/N# TSRK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some input concerning the installation of this relocation kit. I felt the best location for this sensor was at the current AC/Furnace control unit on the wall. When pulled the control unit from the wall in search of a path to run the relocation kit wiring, I noticed the wiring bundle for the control unit had two unused wires which ran back to the AC unit? Unless I am missing something, I should be able to cut off the required connectors from the supplied relocation kit with the appropriate length tails of wiring and splice them into the unused wires in the bundle at each end to complete the connection. I will check continuity first but this appears to be a solution. Any thoughts. Will also call Castle Winch to confirm.

Comment

MJGibbs Yes, one of our members has an excellent write up on exactly this:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ts-free-method
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Does anyone have any pics of where in the unit the black room temp wire is? I looked for it, but the only black wire I could find was the anti-freeze sensor wire. GD has mailed me out a temp sensor extension kit at no cost, but I've also read a lot of people are just popping out the temp wire overhead out of the unit and its helping solve the issue, so wanted to try that first before making a run at installing the extension kit.

Thx,

Shawn Martin
        2021 Momentum 350G
        2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD
        Shawn Martin
        2021 Momentum 350G
        2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by smartin55 View Post
          Does anyone have any pics of where in the unit the black room temp wire is? I looked for it, but the only black wire I could find was the anti-freeze sensor wire. GD has mailed me out a temp sensor extension kit at no cost, but I've also read a lot of people are just popping out the temp wire overhead out of the unit and its helping solve the issue, so wanted to try that first before making a run at installing the extension kit.

Thx,

Shawn Martin
          2021 Momentum 350G
          2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD
          You will have to remove the inside cover to see up into the ac unit. You will want to look in the side that air does not come out when the unit is running. There is a box on the side that will have the sensor, this will be a long wire maybe 8 or 10 inches but I can not remember. The intake side is usually the side towards the front of the RV.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by smartin55 View Post
            See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ssue-yes-again

Howard

P.S. I see you gave the sig line a shot...so moved it for you. Please give the Welcome Letter another read through as it contains a lot of helpful hints on how to get the most from this forum.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X