Vent in bathroom - Air or heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent in bathroom - Air or heat?

So, there is a vent near the floor (bottom of the shower) in our Imagine 2400BH. It is white, like the AC vents in the ceiling....but it is located near the floor...like all the heat vents. It is the furthest vent from the heat source.

When I turn on the heat....I don't feel heat blowing. But, I don't think air blows out either....is this a return for the heat? It may be pulling air ever so gently when the heat is on....but I can't tell...and the color for all the other heat related vents is brown. There is a return for the heat in the bedroom located right above a heat exhaust vent...but it is obvious it is a return (can feel it).

It's brand new...surely it's not clogged....

Anyone know?
    Attached Files
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Originally posted by bellis View Post
    So, there is a vent near the floor (bottom of the shower) in our Imagine 2400BH. It is white, like the AC vents in the ceiling....but it is located near the floor...like all the heat vents. It is the furthest vent from the heat source.

When I turn on the heat....I don't feel heat blowing. But, I don't think air blows out either....is this a return for the heat? It may be pulling air ever so gently when the heat is on....but I can't tell...and the color for all the other heat related vents is brown. There is a return for the heat in the bedroom located right above a heat exhaust vent...but it is obvious it is a return (can feel it).

It's brand new...surely it's not clogged....

Anyone know?
    Clogged, disconnected, or crushed--could be any or all of the above.

It's definitely a heat vent. Runs from the furnace along the curb side of the trailer, makes a 90 degree turn about parallel with the shower drain and then when it gets to the shower makes another 90 degree turn to attach to the vent. Easily the longest of the furnace runs in the 2400BH which means it will have the lowest air volume exiting the vent.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

bellis
      That vent in our unit along with the one just under the TV are the lowest volume producers, which like howson highlighted, it makes complete sense as to why. When we got our unit new, the vent under the TV wasn't even connected, but it was a simple fix.

I would open the vent under the shower, see if you can find the flexible vent line and confirm if it's connected or not. I seem to recall finding the shower was fed from a T junction under the TV cabinet, but I could be remembering things wrong. That seems to happen a lot these these days ​​​​​​​
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Thanks howson and StephenO. I will check to see if it is disconnected. I just straightened up the flexible ducting under the kitchen sink today....will take a look at the other 2.
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Our 2610 ML Bath vent is close to the heater. Registered 167 degrees at the outlet, while the bedroom was 89 degrees and at the furthest point in the system. Also kitchen sing gets too hot to touch as it is over the furnace and water heater.

Comment

Working...
          X