No announcement yet.

Thermostat not working on 2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a similar problem with a SOB 5th wheel that used a Carrier AC unit. The control for the furnace was in the AC unit (wireless remote thermostat) and the temperature sensor was in the AC unit as well. Horrible accuracy - same issue as you with the heat.

What I did was disconnect the furnace control at the furnace (2 wires), and I added a simple digital thermostat for controlling the furnace - I had to feed a 2 wire bundle from the furnace to the new thermostat (pretty simple). You will loose heat pump switchover to furnace (if you had that) but in my case I would set the furnace to run at a lower temperature and when the heatpump stopped working (below 40 degrees outside) the furnace would run.

The furnace control is very simple - just connect the 2 control wires to each other and it runs. Break the connection and it stops. I used a $20 Honeywell digital thermostat that was very simple to add and was very accurate.
    2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
    1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
    2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

My wife and I purchased a 2022 Grand Design 2500 RL in September 2021. The outfit has a Furrion ac/furnace.We are having the same problem with either the ac fan coming on or being roasted as furnace will not shut off. Discovered the “A” automatic does not work with furnace. Scoured the internet and read that “O” was to be used for heat. Still, issue not solved. Read about moving cooling sensor (found beneath ac cowl) though my sensor is labeled “freeze sensor” to dangle below ac cover. Yep, still having problems. Talked with two different Grand Design service centers and no one seems to have heard anything about this problem. Fro reading the forum, this problem has been occurring for several years. I am saddened to hear the sensor extension is not a fix but seems like the best shot for now. I also am disappointed the company has not been more responsive. Otherwise, after one camping trip, we are enjoying this coach.

Comment

Beachcomber14 Are you certain the freeze sensor is the ambient air temp sensor? On most (not all) there is a freeze sensor attached to the coils to shut down the compressor should the coils actually start freezing over limiting air flow.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Beachcomber14
          Welcome to the family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X