Thermostat not working on 2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat not working on 2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Recently bought the trailer. First trip was over the weekend and have a problem with the furnace thermostat. No instruction manual with it but we thought we figured it out. Apparently NOT. The furnace does not seem to shut off. We had it set for 63 degrees and had to turn it off manually when it was reading 74 degrees. Tried it a few times at different temperatures and had the same result of it not shutting off by itself at a set temperature. Faulty thermostat or are we missing something? Furion furnace and thermostat. Don't know model of each as no instruction manuals included in new trailer purchase.
    2021 Grand Design Transcend 221RB
    2018 f150 4x4

Welcome to the family and the forum!

I can't help with your problem, but there is a build sheet in the packet of stuff that they gave it. It will show everything installed and the model and serial number. A google search from there should get you to the manuals online. I actually printed every manual for ours and put them into a three ring binder. That works regardless of cell or internet service.

I see that you are a new member and wanted to take a moment to let you know that the moderators have put together a Welcome Letter for new members to help them navigate the forum and have the best possible experience here. You can find it at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Mokey View Post
      Recently bought the trailer. First trip was over the weekend and have a problem with the furnace thermostat. No instruction manual with it but we thought we figured it out. Apparently NOT. The furnace does not seem to shut off. We had it set for 63 degrees and had to turn it off manually when it was reading 74 degrees. Tried it a few times at different temperatures and had the same result of it not shutting off by itself at a set temperature. Faulty thermostat or are we missing something? Furion furnace and thermostat. Don't know model of each as no instruction manuals included in new trailer purchase.
      This is a known problem. The sensor for the thermostat is located inside of the Furrion air conditioner. No matter how long the furnace runs, it rarely reaches temperature up inside the AC. This is a known design issue that Furrion and GDRV are trying to work through. There are a few options. One is to set the thermostat so the AC fan is running while the furnace is on. This will circulate the air more efficiently and the room temperature will more closely track the thermostat setting. The next option is to open up the plenum for the AC and carefully bend the sensor probe so that it sticks into the room when it's reassembled. But if you do this, be cautious not to damage the sensor. the sensor probe is on the end of a wire that is about 3-4 inches long and looks kind of like a match stick. The final option is to contact Grand Design customer service at 574-825-9679 and explain the problem to them. Ask them to send you an air conditioner thermostat sensor extension kit and comprehensive directions on how to mount it.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Ac fan will not run on 12 volt. Majority of time we are boondocking so no power source. Have to contact grand design and tell them to fix the problem. They should cover the cost of the extension kit and installation under warrenty.
        2018 f150 4x4

Comment

is there an 1 800 number for grand design? Long distance call from Canada. They havent responded to email yet,
          2018 f150 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mokey View Post
            is there an 1 800 number for grand design? Long distance call from Canada. They havent responded to email yet,
            I don't know. Cate&Rob, boyscout or any other of the many Canadians here -- any advice for your fellow countryman?

Mokey -- I was going to tag a host for you but the trailer's VIN is not in your profile. The Welcome Letter ThePowells (Jerry) referenced in post 2 has all the details.

Please note tomorrow typically starts a long 4 day weekend (Memorial Day).

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mokey howson

I have not ever seen a toll free (1-800) number for Grand Design. I just took a look through their website and cannot find one. I will ask one of our contacts at Grand Design.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I dont post vin numbers, phone numbers, address name or anything like that on any public site.
                2018 f150 4x4

Comment

I am having the same issues with my new 2021 Imagine 2800BH. It's been at the dealer for over a week. They say it's a 'tricky thermostat', but haven't resolved the issue. Also, I found an open heat port that is not connected to any duct hose. This just blows hot air from the furnace at the side of the sink cabinet and into the drawer cabinet areas. Why? I thought that maybe there was a missing duct line. Hot in the bedroom and dinette area, cool in the bathroom and bunkbed area.

Comment

Cate&Rob TucsonJim howson and all others. I just spoke earlier this week with GD on the issue as I had not heard from them after starting a case many months ago on the thermostat issue that many have. I did pull the sensor through the foam intake filter on the a/c and it helps. The current solution is to send the owner an extension kit and have the owner install it or take kit to dealer and pay for the labor to install. I will install the extension and hope it works better, they did say it is NOT a fix, however I am not pleased that there is no certain resolution to the issue of a poor set-up, recognizing the supply issues, and they want owners to pay for the installation if taken to a dealer. One would think they have plenty of brain power around to solve this. While I am not generally a whiner I feel GD is letting down their customers and seem, by all appearances, to have allowed very little focus on a wide spread issue (EVERY unit with the Furrion Chill a/c and thermostat I presume). I keep seeing this item brought up by many owners, perhaps a ping to GD by the moderators could speed this along somewhat or get a better idea of a permanent solution? If a concerted effort is being made it would be good to know this and reduce the angst that some may be feeling.

Dave
                    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

GDRV-Emily see post #10. Any words for this owner and others with the Furrion?
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This is the response that I received from GD Customer Service:

I am sorry we will not be able to diagnoise via email without physically seeing this, I’m sure your dealer will reach out to our dealer relations group if they have any questions or concerns as they have a direct line to this group 😊

I hope the Dealer can figure this out. Seems like poor attention to detail for such a top-of-the-line RV.

Comment

Please understand that we are doing our best to find a resolution. We are working with the vendor, and at this time, the extension is the option we have. As we continue to work on this we could see more progress.

This is a very hard time for the industry as we are attempting to continue to build with shortages of parts, etc....

If you continue to have the concern after the extension is installed, please contact our support team so that we can document it and work forward.

Thank you.

For this inquiring, we do not have a toll free number option at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post
                            Please understand that we are doing our best to find a resolution. We are working with the vendor, and at this time, the extension is the option we have. As we continue to work on this we could see more progress.

This is a very hard time for the industry as we are attempting to continue to build with shortages of parts, etc....

If you continue to have the concern after the extension is installed, please contact our support team so that we can document it and work forward.

Thank you.

For this inquiring, we do not have a toll free number option at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience

GDRV-Emily Thanks for acknowledging the issue. I've spoken with 2 separate GD customer service reps now in the past week, and both of them stated they are not aware of this issue. I'm really hoping to get the sensor relocation kit before our next trip coming up soon. Anything you can do to facilitate this would be greatly appreciated!
                            Last edited by howson; 06-08-2021, 05:45 PM. Reason: Fixed tag

Comment

Originally posted by CamanoChris View Post

GDRV-Emily Thanks for acknowledging the issue. I've spoken with 2 separate GD customer service reps now in the past week, and both of them stated they are not aware of this issue. I'm really hoping to get the sensor relocation kit before our next trip coming up soon. Anything you can do to facilitate this would be greatly appreciated!
                              Do you by any chance know the name of the individuals you have chatted with? That way we can reach out direct?

Comment

Working...
                              X