Warm air coming up through furnace air return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm air coming up through furnace air return

Experienced my first day in worth temps in the 90s, and felt a lot of heat coming from under the shoe stairs! I plugged it up with some cushions. Bad idea?

2021 Solitude 380FL

Freshair

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

I moved your post to a more appropriate section, with its own title. The answer to your question is "No Problem" . . . as long as you are not running the furnace. The opening under the stairs is the air return for the furnace. When it is warm and you are running the AC, there is no problem with blocking this opening.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Leaving the exterior storage doors open will also cause the AC or the furnace to draw outside air into the RV. We keep all outside storage doors closed unless we need something out of them. I learned this from cold air coming out of the front pass thru while I was sitting by the open door while the AC was running.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Freshair Welcome to the family and the forum!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X