Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 2600rb furnace/water heater questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 2600rb furnace/water heater questions!

Hello all,

This is our first travel trailer and we love it so far! However I have two head scratchers I'm hoping for some help with.

1. With the thermostat set to heat and fan set to auto, the a/c fan always turns on with the furnace. Is this normal?

2. Probably not the correct sub forum for this one but thought I'd give it a shot..

With the 6gal water heater set on electric, I can hear the relay clicking constantly. It'll click at a rapid pace for 4-5 clicks and then stop intermittently. Is this normal operation?

Thank you!

Brian

Originally posted by Brian9720 View Post
    Hello all,

This is our first travel trailer and we love it so far! However I have two head scratchers I'm hoping for some help with.

1. With the thermostat set to heat and fan set to auto, the a/c fan always turns on with the furnace. Is this normal?

2. Probably not the correct sub forum for this one but thought I'd give it a shot..

With the 6gal water heater set on electric, I can hear the relay clicking constantly. It'll click at a rapid pace for 4-5 clicks and then stop intermittently. Is this normal operation?

Thank you!

Brian
    Welcome Brian, make sure to check out the welcome letter for this form! To try and answer your questions:

1. I'm going to assume that yes this is normal. I say assume since our RV thermostat doesn't allow you to be in heat mode and have any settings for the fan. On ours, if you are in AC mode, then yes you can select fan auto or on. However, no such option for heat mode. But, at the end of the day, it wouldn't shock me if the thermostat calls for fan when there is a call for heat too of the fan is in auto mode.

2. This doesn't sound normal to me. I would double check that you have a good 12v connection between the switch in the RV to the water heater control board. If no issue there, perhaps the control board is toast? Assuming your unit is new though, it should still be under warranty, and I would assume your dealership would fix this.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Brian9720 View Post
      Hello all,

Thank you!

Brian
      Brian -- you should not hear a relay clicking constantly when set to electric. Something is definitely wrong.

My first thought is the gas and electric are wired backwards...when the electric is commanded on the gas is trying to light (that would account for the clicking sound--it would be the electrode). Where I'd check the wiring is at the x180 CompassConnect board. (Sorry, not sure exactly where the board is in your trailer.)

If I'm wrong about the wiring, the only thing I can think of that would cause a clicking sound when on electric is there's an intermittent short causing a spark (thus a 'click").

Can you isolate where the clicking is coming from (location)?

Welcome to the forum.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

On our 2018 2600RB the only way the AC fan ran is if the thermostat was on something other than "heat" I dont believe there was a fan setting for the furnace blower, it only ran when the furnace was on.

I agree with Howson on the water heater.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Brian9720
          Another thought...there IS a relay controlled by 12v that is used to pass power to the 120vAC heating element. I've never heard the relay actually "click" on my unit, but maybe that's due to the location of the water heater in my 315RLTS. If your relay is cycling that could be an indicator it's losing the 12v input signal or the ground--or the relay is bad.

The location of the relay depends on the exact model of your water heater. If you can find the model # please post it.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X