Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No heat on 2021 GD Solitude 310GK-Location of air intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No heat on 2021 GD Solitude 310GK-Location of air intake?

Can't get a guy here to look into it until next Tue. I suspect the sail switch is either fouled or no good.
    I'm trying to determine where the air intake is to the furnace from the unit itself. I have 4 furnace outputs, 2 into main living area, 1 in bathroom, 1 in bedroom. I can't find where the furnace draws air from though. I want to check this area for dog hair, etc.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post
    Can't get a guy here to look into it until next Tue. I suspect the sail switch is either fouled or no good.
    I'm trying to determine where the air intake is to the furnace from the unit itself. I have 4 furnace outputs, 2 into main living area, 1 in bathroom, 1 in bedroom. I can't find where the furnace draws air from though. I want to check this area for dog hair, etc.
    Usually it is a screened in area behind the toilet or at the bottom of the wall by the bathroom. I do not think there is actually a duct attached to it like in a home furnace, it just draws air in around it and those screens go to the furnace area to allow air to be drawn in from the living space.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Second Chance

Rob,

Can you help with any input to the OP's question.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

All of the GD fifth wheels use the basement for air return to the furnace. In the 310GK, there is a passage under the bottom shelf in the pantry, above the toe rail at the bottom of the buffet, through the shoe cubby under the stairs, and (at least in ours), a small round return in the bottom of the cabinet by the toilet and shower. The furnace air intake is on the furnace itself in the basement.

I hope this is what was being asked.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Follow up.
          Mobile Tech said it was unlikely the return air intake vent being blocked. I never did find where the return air intake is but I suspect it is in the gap of bottom shelf of pantry.

It turned out to be a bad board. They replaced it under warranty and charged me $35 for the service call.

Just in time too, supposed to get down to 30 deg on Thu and Fri night! Crazy cold for this far south in Texas.
          2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
          2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
          X