Furnace heater doesnt always ignite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace heater doesnt always ignite.

I have a 2016 2600rb. The furnace doesn't always ignite, the fan will run but blowing cold air. If I shut it down a couple of times it works fine. Yes the propane tanks are full. Thanks in advance!!

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-the-furnace

This thread may have some relevance to your situation. If your unit has the cover on the outside for the furnace you can remove that cover and watch the operation and see if the sail switch is doing its job. If your furnace is only accessible inside , maybe under the sink , then you will have to work on it from there. I am not sure if the outside cover is sealed with silicone then you will need to carefully cut around the cover and then remove. Clean all silicone residue from both surfaces before resealing.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian has given sound advice about the possible cause. But before removing the cover, I'd check the propane flow first. Here's how I'd check it:

Turn on all the burners to the stove and make sure they are burning normally.
      Turn on the furnace and watch the flames on the stove. If the flames go down when the furnace is trying to light, you have a propane flow problem. If they stay at the same level, it would be time to move on to Brian's suggestion.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

This is an awesome forum I now have a direction to go! I did take the outside panel off but I will have to access the sail switch from under the counter, but before I do I will check the propane flow Thanks Jim and Brian!!

Comment

Working...
        X