AC Operation on 20amp shore power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Operation on 20amp shore power

Can I run 1 AC unit on 20amp shore power if all other electrical items are off? Momentum Toy Hauler
    Thanks from a new owner

Yes…if nothing else in the RV is on and nothing else significant is using the circuit in the house.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I have successfully ran ours on 15 amp with the fan set to low and not auto. If something else comes on you will trip the breaker.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Driftwood26 I agree with Brian I have run mine on 15 amp before with no issue, 20 should be fine. The key things to watch are other loads (which you mentioned) and the size and length of your shore cord. This is not the place where you want to use your 20 year old extension cord you use for the Christmas lights lol. Ideally no extension cord at all, or if you need one the bigger (12 AWG minimum) the better. Ideally your "dog bone" adapter would be at the outlet and you would go directly to the shore cord, or a 50 or 30 amp extension cord.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I ran our bumper pull unit on a 10 gauge extension chord. Not for long and the AC was the only thing being used. Not even the converter was working hard.

Watch that converter because it can pull more power than you anticipate.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X