Leaking Furrion AC + mystery leak 2021 3250BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Furrion AC + mystery leak 2021 3250BH

Need some help with an AC leak and mystery leak. The main AC units leak while on during rain. Going to check the bolts and drain pan this evening, but are there are other potential sources? I'm also getting water into the bunkhouse right behind the pantry, not sure if its related to the AC or not. The only openings there are the heater on the wall and the awning bolts. There is an plumbing vent on the roof but it doesn't look like water is coming down from there. Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by Wojdak View Post
    Need some help with an AC leak and mystery leak. The main AC units leak while on during rain. Going to check the bolts and drain pan this evening, but are there are other potential sources? I'm also getting water into the bunkhouse right behind the pantry, not sure if its related to the AC or not. The only openings there are the heater on the wall and the awning bolts. There is an plumbing vent on the roof but it doesn't look like water is coming down from there. Any help is appreciated.
    Your post implies there's no leak around the air conditioner with it OFF and when it's raining. If the gaskets were not compressed correctly I'd expect water penetration whether the unit is running or not running.

If the drains were clogged, I'd expect water would be dripping into the unit with the air conditioner compressor working regardless of whether it's raining or not. (Assuming relative humidity isn't super low.)

A remote possibility (I could be completely wrong), is how well the evaporator section cover is installed. (This is where the interior air is sucked in and blown across the evaporator and then expelled into the room. Normally this area is sealed off from the other areas of the unit. You'll find this under the main cover of the unit.) When it's raining, water is pulled into this area through a gap and you see the evidence. (Not a normal failure--so again, I could be way off base.)

If you do peak under the main cover, it should go without saying that there's 120vAC under there with power on, and even with power off don't go near the capacitors without properly discharging them. You don't want to fall off the roof in reflex to a nasty shock.

Finally, please limit one problem to a thread as it can get confusing otherwise. If the second leak is not connected to the air conditioner, start another thread. For more on how the forum operates (and how to get the most from your time here) check out the Welcome Letter here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Roof inspections are key to owning an RV, this needs done as many times a year as you can.

Check the plumbing vent, remove cover to get a good look at the sealant.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Wojdak View Post
        proof ac gasket compressed too tight and / or weep holes clogged. Just a thought.
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
        GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
        SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
        X