Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suburban SF35Q Issues - Intermittently shutting down

Hoping for some help.

I have a 2022 (Bought last 7/21) Momentum 381M serial no. N1120478. My wife and I use it as a second home in northern NH. Starting a few weeks back I would wake up to find the furnace shut down. Would turn it off and then back on with the one control and it would restart and seemed fine. It kept on getting worse and sometimes when it shuts down before reaching the set temp, I can hear the entire unit including the fan turn off and cycle back on/off probably 6 times. I originally through it was either the igniter or the board. I could not get an igniter but did remove the furnace and put the new board in, still happens. And yes, as others have posted here it seems to happen mainly a night or when the outside temps are lower.

So, this past weekend I thought maybe it was a one touch control issue, as I am not a fan of the one touch control. It has been slow from the start and lately seems even worse and I sometimes get a pop-up message at the bottom of the screen that I have never gotten before saying "Unable to update the setting. Please try again later.". Contacted Lippert and did a main reset on the unity panel and did confirm correct voltage from the board to the furnace. So now I don't think it is the one control.

But I did read a couple of posts from members last year that had similar issues and they talked about possible crushed duct limiting flow. This would make sense to me. I reached out to GD service today and they sent me a bunch of drawings, but none show the duct work. Do I need to pull the bottom panels to check this and if so which areas?

Thanks, Ben

Originally posted by cutconcrete1 View Post
    Do I need to pull the bottom panels to check this and if so which areas?
    Hi Ben, welcome to the forum.

On your 381M the furnace is behind the false wall, aft side of the storage bay. This area is under the steps and bathroom. You'll find the OneControl, Converter, Water Heater and also the Furnace in that area behind the panel. The furnace, of course, is on the street side just aft of shower. That 's a long way to say "no", you don't need to drop the coroplast (what I assume you mean by the "bottom panels".)

This thread has a lot of good pictures of common failures you could find in the area related to the duct work (though not exactly related to your issue): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...5-heating-duct

If you'd like to setup your sig line or learn other tips check out the Welcome Letter here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Please stop back and tell us (with pics!) what you found.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X