AC Service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Service.

Hello all. Most of you here may already know about the AC ducting in the Momentums but thought I would throw this on anyway. I watched the vid on changing Lanes where Chad talks about the block (?) between the warm and cold side of the unit. This is a simple piece of foam that separates the air inlet (warm) from the cold exit (to ducting). The problem is that the "Block" slips and air is able to go from the cold side to the warm side, reducing the efficiency. I looked at this on mine right after I got the camper and all three of mine had slipped.
    I am doing my AC service and figured I would check again. Two of the blocks had slipped. I even notice in the bedroom that the vents were installed wrong, and the block is not separating the areas properly. I brought out my old friend "Duct Tape" and sealed all the blocks and held them in place. From the factory, these blocks just sit in place. I am attempting to send pictures to explain more. If you need more info or better pictures, let me know or watch the YouTube vid from Changing Lanes.
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Jeff Barta -- good reminder and something everyone should check (at least once).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I recommend using metal duct tape such as 3M brand due to condensation that can form on the return side.
      Here are some more photos of the separation panel that has moved in different brands of units. The first one is an Atwood Air Command circa 2014.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Baffle Before.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	99032
      Out of place Panel

Click image for larger version  Name:	baffle with tape.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	99033
      Panel taped in place

The second on is a Dometic branded AC from my 2017 RV:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gap.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	99034
      Large gap in panel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Taped Up.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	99035
      Dometic panel taped into position.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I would suggest this, https://rvairflow.com. It makes a huge difference.
        2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
        2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Working...
        X