Furnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace

Hello, I am new to camping. What is this part called with all of the acorns in it? I went camping, the woodpeckers stored their acorns in the furnace started the furnace, and now it will not start.
    Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by tesarsue View Post
    Hello, I am new to camping. What is this part called with all of the acorns in it? I went camping, the woodpeckers stored their acorns in the furnace started the furnace, and now it will not start.
    Thank you for your help.
    That is the squirrel cage or blower for the furnace. This is not one that I have seen on any Grand Design unit. There should be a cover over the furnace on the outside with small grating that will not allow critters to enter.

What is the make of the RV you have this furnace in? What is the brand of furnace?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi,
      This is a Grand Design 2020 Transcend Xplorer. Not sure on the make of the furnace.

Comment

Looking at the picture further I can see that you have the shroud removed that is around the blower, this created some confusion for me which is not hard to do. I would guess that if you tried to use the furnace with the acorn politely installed by the intruder you may have over heated the motor and caused some damage. If you get all of the acorns out does the blower turn freely? I would also check any of the wiring in the area that may have been damaged by flying acorns. There is a sail switch that must work for the blower to turn on and when the blower turns on the sail switch will allow the propane valve to turn on.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It may not seem funny now, but ... Acorns in the squirrel cage? Gave me my morning chuckle.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thank you for your help. Where would the sail switch be?

Comment

One example here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-the-furnace
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could you further remove the cover and get a picture?

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                X