Hot and Cold Water to spray port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot and Cold Water to spray port

Pex is ran into the basement but not connected as we brace for another winter storm here. Will be replacing the soft hose with Pex right to the nautalis panel as a start of changing it all over. Trailer is still winterized so it will be a week or more before I can pressure test so the interior panel is still off, however I have since glued the trim onto the panel and will now attach the panel with screws so it can be accessed fairly easily incase of anything. Plan is to have a 20 litre pail (5gallon) under the spout to catch the water so it doesn't wet the campsite rug. Very simialar to my last trailer that had a sink that you had to spill out. Had to have the spout on a 90 because of clearance to the door. This is on a 31MB and once the fridge is back in it's spot you can't really see the valves. I also plan to put pipe insulation on both lines were they go through the back wall not so much for condensation but more due to all the wires that are in the wall and having hot water pipe right beside wire. They are not touching now but just to give me that happy feeling.
    Last edited by 03Griz; 04-19-2023, 09:01 AM.
    Blair & Shelly
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Superduty Platinum 6.7
    Manitoba Canada

Hi 03Griz

Welcome to our owners technical forum. Posting details on mods like yours is what we are all about. Others may not copy your installation exactly but might apply your ideas to their application. See our Welcome post for how to populate your signature and navigate the forum. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Not trying to be a killjoy, 03Griz, but it looks like you notched one of the vertical supports for your interior steps. Any way to sister a support on the backside of the existing to restore the structural integrity?
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Hi 03Griz

Welcome to our owners technical forum. Posting details on mods like yours is what we are all about. Others may not copy your installation exactly but might apply your ideas to their application. See our Welcome post for how to populate your signature and navigate the forum. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Rob
        Thank you and all updated. Have lots of MODS on the go so lot's to share.
        Blair & Shelly
        2021 Reflection 31MB
        Manitoba Canada

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
          Not trying to be a killjoy, 03Griz, but it looks like you notched one of the vertical supports for your interior steps. Any way to sister a support on the backside of the existing to restore the structural integrity?
          That was an added support that I put in, it did not exist before so not needed. It is there to get the pex to hold that bend. Not for any structure.
          Blair & Shelly
          2021 Reflection 31MB
          Manitoba Canada

Comment

Originally posted by 03Griz View Post
            Pex is ran into the basement but not connected as we brace for another winter storm here. Will be replacing the soft hose with Pex right to the nautalis panel as a start of changing it all over. Trailer is still winterized so it will be a week or more before I can pressure test so the interior panel is still off, however I have since glued the trim onto the panel and will now attach the panel with screws so it can be accessed fairly easily incase of anything. Plan is to have a 20 litre pail (5gallon) under the spout to catch the water so it doesn't wet the campsite rug. Very simialar to my last trailer that had a sink that you had to spill out. Had to have the spout on a 90 because of clearance to the door. This is on a 31MB and once the fridge is back in it's spot you can't really see the valves. I also plan to put pipe insulation on both lines were they go through the back wall not so much for condensation but more due to all the wires that are in the wall and having hot water pipe right beside wire. They are not touching now but just to give me that happy feeling.
            Interesting and to my knowledge a unique mod here on this forum. I added the modification tag to your post to make it easier for those looking it in the future.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

03Griz was just at the hardware store yesterday getting parts to add a shutoff valve to my door side spray port….. will be going back tomorrow to get parts to add a hot line now!! Great idea thanks for sharing!!
              Scott & Mikaela
              2022 375 RES
              2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by 03Griz View Post

That was an added support that I put in, it did not exist before so not needed. It is there to get the pex to hold that bend. Not for any structure.
                Excellent. Another late thought would be to put a protective plate over the lines to keep Murphy from putting a nail or screw through them some time in the future.
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post

Excellent. Another late thought would be to put a protective plate over the lines to keep Murphy from putting a nail or screw through them some time in the future.
                  Great idea, hard to imagine putting a nail through as the fridge is on that side but why not, I have lot's of protector plates for electrical. I have also decided to either use a small piece of the old soft hose split open to act as a protector for the lines where they are rubbing up against the factory 2 x 2 or I will use 3/4 pex piece over the 1/2". That way it can never wear through. Will decide tommorrow once the weather get's a little better and I try both.
                  Blair & Shelly
                  2021 Reflection 31MB
                  Manitoba Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
                    03Griz was just at the hardware store yesterday getting parts to add a shutoff valve to my door side spray port….. will be going back tomorrow to get parts to add a hot line now!! Great idea thanks for sharing!!
                    After it was mentioned that the freeze point is now 4" inside the wall I have been thinking that for the 31MB you could also put shut off's in the basement, just have to pull out the drawer in the bunk to turn them off. If I was someone who full timed into the real cold months I would do that. I can always do it later.........
                    Blair & Shelly
                    2021 Reflection 31MB
                    Manitoba Canada

Comment

03Griz Very nice modification. I would like to do this on my 377MBS, at least to have a cold water valve, and connect that flexible spout. Would be useful for filling a pot or kettle when cooking outside. Gotta get a minifridge out there in the basement as well.

Would this Dura Faucet spout do the job? I see one amazon reviewer put a valve inline with this spout, so one would not be needed inside the RV basement.

Dura Faucet DFSA183BK exterior shower​

Click image for larger version  Name:	spout.png Views:	0 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	128994
                      Jeff & Janice
                      2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Pulled with an upgraded 2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3​

Comment

Working...
                      X