Water pressure regulator setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure regulator setting

2023 Imagine 2670MK. It appears my owners manual recommends the water pressure regulator for a city water connection output to the RV be set at 40 PSI. Is that a hard and fast limit or is there some wiggle room? My pressure regulator is set at 45 PSI. Should I adjust it downward or just "go with the flow"?
    Last edited by SteveM; 04-19-2023, 04:50 PM.
    2023 Imagine 2670MK

Go with the flow.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks Ted! I will feel the flow....be one with the flow at 45 PSI ! Cheers!
      2023 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

A water pressure regulator on the supply hose has little to do with the pressure within the trailer. If you follow the “normal” set up process, you would connect city water and then turn on the water heater. Water within the camper is isolated from the pressure regulator by the inlet check valve. Pressure will climb well above regulator set pressure unless a faucet is opened. This is experience with tank water heaters. The pressure rise will be less if you have a tankless water heater.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Pressure rise due to heating water is why we are advised to keep an air bubble for expansion in the water heater tank. Some have added expansion tanks to lessen the heating pressure rise. Normal water inlet pressure from city water is recommended to be between 40 and 60 psi.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
          X