Imagine xls 22mle kitchen sink seal separation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine xls 22mle kitchen sink seal separation

The counter top material is separating from the kitchen sink and water is leaking through. Attempt to reseal with Dap Kwik seal silicone calk. Is there a better way to fix this issue? Does it require a adhesive between the countertop material and the plastic sink? Is this a common issue? We have had so little issues since purchasing our 22 MLE 2022.

Peter

Welcome to the forum Bearatorious. Sorry to hear about your counter top issue.

Is your unit still under the one year warranty? If so, I'd call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 to see if they can help with a remedy. If you're out of warranty and want to repair this yourself, it might help if you post a photo of the damage and we can help come up with ideas for repairs.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have a 2021 Imagine MKE 17 doing the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by brucehinds1@yahoo.com View Post
        I have a 2021 Imagine MKE 17 doing the same thing
        We do too. My husband used caulk along the sides. It's holding but it just doesn't look so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Marge S. View Post

We do too. My husband used caulk along the sides. It's holding but it just doesn't look so great.
          Was this after consulting with GD Customer Service? If not, might be worth a phone call. If you do end up with a resolution, please share it with the forum as it helps the next owner who has this issue.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Was this after consulting with GD Customer Service? If not, might be worth a phone call. If you do end up with a resolution, please share it with the forum as it helps the next owner who has this issue.

Howard
            Yes, I did contact GD and explained the problem. The fella said that what we did was what he would suggest. Nothing else!

Comment

It is too bad this post ended. I believe this is a common problem and perhaps another post addresses this issue then maybe a moderator can link to that post. The laminate countertop is a low cost way to get trailers to a price point and is not a long term product. Has anyone found a better solution?

October 14, 2023 Has anyone any further info on the repair for the countertop? It seems to me a top mount sink would have eliminated this problem from the factory. Why would GD incorporate such a poor design decision? Maybe the GD individual who made this decision could enlighten us.
              Last edited by CAVUMark; 10-14-2023, 09:11 AM.
              Grand Design 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE, Ford F-150 Lariat with the big screen TV, 3.5L. E2 weight distribution hitch.

Comment

Working...
              X