Grey Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Tanks

Hey there, I’m a bit confused with the grey tanks. I know there are two but on the control panel only one appears to be filling Grey 1. Grey 2 has nothing. What is the size of each tank? Is the Grey 1 for the kitchen and bathroom? Is Grey 2 for the half bath and laundry (which we don’t have)? Thank you for your advice. New to a fifth wheel.

Originally posted by BlackPearl395MS View Post
    Hey there, I’m a bit confused with the grey tanks. I know there are two but on the control panel only one appears to be filling Grey 1. Grey 2 has nothing. What is the size of each tank? Is the Grey 1 for the kitchen and bathroom? Is Grey 2 for the half bath and laundry (which we don’t have)? Thank you for your advice. New to a fifth wheel.
    Judging from your username I am guessing this is a Momentum 395MS, correct?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes, it is.

Comment

You do have 2 grey tanks, actually one grey and one black/grey. The front grey, this should be grey 1, tank is 52 gallon and it services the bath and the kitchen. The rear grey/black tank is also 52 gallons and services the rear bath as well as the washer hook up located there. This grey tank also services the toilet in the bath, there is no seperate black tank for the rear bath. By the way the front black tank is also 52 gallons.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I wish it was one 104 gallon tank. Since I have no plumbing features in the garage the second grey tank will not be used.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl395MS View Post
            Thank you for the clarification. I wish it was one 104 gallon tank. Since I have no plumbing features in the garage the second grey tank will not be used.
            That would be awesome, however the layout of the frame and cross supports don't allow for a tank that size to fit :(
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I didn't know the rear bath in that unit was optional. Since the bath wasn't installed, I wonder if they actually plumbed everything? I guess if it has the washer/dryer hookup, it would have the tank, vent and drain.

If the tank, drain and vent are there, I'll be you could rig up a macerator pump to drain the front tank and store the waste in the rear tank until you were ready to dump. This would give you another 52 gallons of waste storage.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
              X