Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank Pull Valve - Will not open - Brand new Trailer - 2400BH

Hi team,

our family bought a 2400 BH a few years ago and have loved our trailer. my best friend just bought the exact same model but a 2023. Took delivery of it from Redmond OR Blue Dog RV approx 45 days ago. They went to use the Black tank and the lever will literally Not move. it doesn't feel stuck, it feels like it's fused with metal.

I am coming to the forums as he has had a really poor service experience. he has reached out to Blue Dog with poor response. In addition to his contact to with GD, essentially they have told him "what do you want us to do". The issue I have is that my experience with GD has been fantastic, good service with responsive people. so I am coming here to ask for some input from those who have allot more experience. if you bought a brand new trailer and the black tank was non functional, how would some of you feel about having that worked on? I would be very hesitant to want "work" done on that trailer. it feels like it won't be the same if they have to tear the belly of that trailer apart to fix it?

Thoughts on how to approach this??
    2020 1500 Sierra 3.0 Duramax With Airbags & 2021 2400 BH Imagine

I would try to gently rotate the rod that is connected to the black tank pull handle, use a pair of vise grips and spray some penetrating oil on the rod, PB Blaster or the like. If I recall these levers are down on the frame and susceptible to the elements while traveling. Try this method and see if it gets the rod to move. You may want to let the penetrating oil soak in for a while.

It is sad the the dealer is not giving any kind of support and also the owner has had a bad experience with GD Customer Service. Have the owner try to call Customer Service again an maybe if they get a different rep they may have better luck.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Country Campers, he tried both of those items. when I was up visiting him for a bike race I worked on it too and it literally doesn't budge AT ALL. I was frankly shocked, honestly feels like you're just pulling on metal, not on a valve.
      2020 1500 Sierra 3.0 Duramax With Airbags & 2021 2400 BH Imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        I would try to gently rotate the rod that is connected to the black tank pull handle, use a pair of vise grips and spray some penetrating oil on the rod, PB Blaster or the like. If I recall these levers are down on the frame and susceptible to the elements while traveling. Try this method and see if it gets the rod to move. You may want to let the penetrating oil soak in for a while.

It is sad the the dealer is not giving any kind of support and also the owner has had a bad experience with GD Customer Service. Have the owner try to call Customer Service again an maybe if they get a different rep they may have better luck.

Brian
        I have had success unsticking dump valves as Brian describes. If the issue is not remedied with penetrating oil and working/rotating the handle, a warranty claim is in order. Continue to follow-up with GD directly.

Mike
        Mike & Sonya
        2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
        Blue Ox SwayPro
        2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

If the dealership can't or won't fix it, contact GDRV and request a mobile service tech get involved. The owner may have to pay the initial call out fee, but it would be worth not having to deal with a non-responsive dealership.

If the owner wants to try and work on this on their own, it would require dropping a portion of the underbelly material to expose the valve. Then some force could be put on the cable to see if the valve itself is stuck or if it's just binding up further along the cable. I'm attaching a couple of photos of one of my valves so you can see how they are constructed. Maybe get a good grip on the exposed cable to see if you can tug on it and loosen it up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	130007829_190370062710617_6753939020915377517_n.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	114113

Click image for larger version

Name:	130189302_202849214653086_2650215189754500273_n.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	114114

Jim
          Last edited by TucsonJim; 06-08-2023, 09:55 PM.
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

If the pull handle is exposed below the trailer, you might try heating the seized area to assist the penetrating oil.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X