Rear Kitchen Water line Relocation - 220RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Kitchen Water line Relocation - 220RK

I thought I would do a short thread on this little project.

First some of you are probably wondering why?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1604s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.1 KB ID:	114175

From the kitchen sink the piping came down through the floor and across the gray tank causing a bulge in it and preventing proper drainage. The line was being pinched between the gray tank and frame. This is also directly against the coroplast.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1605s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	114176

The line then ran forward to the low point drains that again are directly against the coroplast. Note the go under the sewer pipe and the drain is not the low point.

I cut the pipe below the sink and the low point drains and pulled the old pipe out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1603s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.8 KB ID:	114177
    The fun this morning was uncoiling the pex. I let it sit in the sun before taping together ans threading it through the cross members. It now totally clears the fresh water tank and gray tank and is now in the heated area away from the coroplast.,
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1606s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.2 KB ID:	114178 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1607s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	114179
    New lines now run beside the water tank and not over the corner and above the sewer pipes - not below as was before.

One note - even though I winterized and blew the lines out with compressed air there was at least a cup of antifreeze in each line when I cut them

Tomorrow I need to pull my distribution panel as the pex commendations and floor penetration are right behind it. I need to make new low point connections new connections under the sink and I will be done. I needed to get this done before mounting the tires as the tires would have limited my access.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Yoda -- your experience ("cup of antifreeze still in the lines") is the same that I came across during my pex work. Didn't matter how much I tried to clear the lines of moisture, nearly every time a line was opened I got doused. For those in cold climates (susceptible to hard freezes) it's the reason many here advocate to add the antifreeze during winterization.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Another good day
      I got the low point drains relocated and pressure tested. No Leaks anywhere I am sanitizing the system too at the same time..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616s.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	114622 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1617s.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	114623
      Used brass Tee's. New crimp tool worked well too. I also raised then up to just extend past the coroplast a few inches. The Tee's are still the low point in the lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1618s.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	114624
      Lines now run to the kitchen around the fresh water tank and not under it..

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X