Low point drain line route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low point drain line route

I have a 3250BH and am trying to figure out the low-point drain line route inside the camper. I'm looking to add a shutoff valve in-board to help keep the low points from freezing. Thought is to close the valves inboard in freezing weather (keeping all water in temp controlled areas) and open the factory low points that are outside to drain so that there is no water to freeze - much like a frost-proof hose bib on a house. Anyone know where I can access the lines inside the camper? I'm thinking under the bottom bunk, but not sure.

Thanks for the help!

All of the plumbing runs through the under belly of the camper. If you lower the coroplast near the current drains you will most likely find either a 90 or a tee just above the coroplast.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

If you leave the low point drain tubes extended below the coroplast/underbelly and move the valve to some other warmer area you may still run the risk of freezing the drain tubes and maybe up to the "T" or elbow. You will want to insulate those drain tubes and also the fresh tank drain as well as the fresh tank breather lines when camping in cold weather.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by wademuller View Post
        I have a 3250BH and am trying to figure out the low-point drain line route inside the camper. I'm looking to add a shutoff valve in-board to help keep the low points from freezing. Thought is to close the valves inboard in freezing weather (keeping all water in temp controlled areas) and open the factory low points that are outside to drain so that there is no water to freeze - much like a frost-proof hose bib on a house. Anyone know where I can access the lines inside the camper? I'm thinking under the bottom bunk, but not sure.

Thanks for the help!
        I have a different 5th wheel than your TT, But In this thread are pictures of how my low point drains were run and how I raised the connection up into the heated area. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...location-220rk.

Hoping it helps

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll take a look and see what I can figure out.

Cheers,
          Wade

Comment

Working...
          X