Nautilus water system, very low flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautilus water system, very low flow

2022 337RLS. Over the last few days, since leaving the last campground, our water flow is down to a trickle. I've always used one of the blue walmart filters. I have removed the filter and disconnected the hose from my camper and flow is good. I run on the fresh tank and it is not too bad. When I reconnect, just a slow flow. Nowhere near enough for a shower. I have checked and rechecked all valve settings and they are correct. So it seems to me there is some type of obstruction somewhere. What are the most likely culprits here? I'm already dealing with a refrigerator issue and I need to get this resolved. I'm camp hosting right now so going to a shop is not gonna work. It's a holiday weekend so getting a mobile tech isn't happening either. I am quite handy and not afraid to jump in but where's the best place to start?
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    2022 Ford F-350 Super Crew SRW Diesel 4 x 4

There is an inlet screen where the shore water connects to the panel, make sure this is clean.
    Check the back side of the panel to see if any of the soft hose has a kink or tight bend in it.

When on shore water is the fresh tank filling? This could mean a faulty check valve on the water pump.

Have you cleaned the screens in each of the faucets?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Check your hose for good flow. Using a pressure regulator? Test flow without it.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Hose has good flow per original post. Not using a regulator at this campground
        2022 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

With pump flow OK, then look at that hose, per Brian, that goes from city water inlet to where city water and the pump output meet to supply the common cold water line.

I misread the first post and good hose flow.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Cycle all of your valves one time after relieving pressure. Double check all of you connections paying close attention to the gaskets at the inlet.

Another trick just in case you have low pressure at your current campground is to put the screen point in vs out as this will force the inlet check valve open vs requiring water pressure to open it.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just finished inspection. Cycled all valves. Don't see any crimped hoses. The back side of the nautilus is a major cluster.
              2022 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Don't forget to flip the screen.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

A long shot, the city water inlet check valve is binding and only partially opens. Relieve system pressure and press in the check valve to see if it moves easily.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                  X