Access to shower plumbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to shower plumbing?

Hello new here, just recently bought a 2020 transcend 27BHS by grand design and noticed i have a water leak under the shower. I opened the drain access but wasn't able to locate the leak, i think its coming from the knobs and shower head side of it. But i dont seem to find access to it. Anyone have had similar issues?

Hi Oz53,

I see that this is your first post . . . welcome to our forum !
    We don't have a lot of Transcend owners on here (yet) so you will have to help us help you (ie: post pictures ).

Your "guess" at where this water is coming from is actually very likely. The connections to the faucet (and all other water system devices) are hand tightened. On my Reflection, there is a removable panel inside the shower below the faucets. Other models have an access panel in the back of a closet behind the shower. This is usually the location of the black tank flush vacuum break . . . so it has to be accessible somehow.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here is a picture of the shower. My old salem had a panel right behind the shower on the other side of the wall where you could get to the plumbing, but as you can see here directly behind the faucets are small shelves so no way to acces plumbing. Only thing i can hope for is that when i take off the faucets everything would be there 🤞🏼
      Last edited by Oz53; 01-30-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz53 View Post
        Here is a picture of the shower. My old salem had a panel right behind the shower on the other side of the wall where you could get to the plumbing, but as you can see here directly behind the faucets are small shelves so no way to acces plumbing. Only thing i can hope for is that when i take off the faucets everything would be there 🤞🏼
        Hi Oz53,

The only way to access this is to remove the 4 screws for the rectangular box that the faucet is mounted to. This will allow you to gently pull out the box and faucet to allow you to tighten the plumbing if it is loose.

another Rob from Ontario
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by Calbar View Post

Hi Oz53,

The only way to access this is to remove the 4 screws for the rectangular box that the faucet is mounted to. This will allow you to gently pull out the box and faucet to allow you to tighten the plumbing if it is loose.

another Rob from Ontario
          Rob is correct on his assessment of how to access the fittings for the shower handle. This is the same way I access them in my Reflection travel trailer.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Make sure to reseal when you install after repair. I believe there should be some sealant behind the plate that the valves are attached to.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks you guys, will work on it tomorrow👍🏼👍🏼

Comment

Working...
              X