Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water heater tank valves on 245RL

Hello everyone,
    Is there an easier way to access water heater valves? I see them when I open lower dresser drawer in bedroom but can’t remove the drawer because the bed frame is in the way.

If you have a Furrion tankless water heater, these valves would only be used for service work. In normal use, this water heater should never be bypassed (per info from Grand Design).

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      If you have a Furrion tankless water heater, these valves would only be used for service work. In normal use, this water heater should never be bypassed (per info from Grand Design).

Rob
      It's not tankless.

Comment

NinjaPlease - I took a look at your floorplan and drawings. Please confirm that the valves are under the closet and drawers on the driver's side of the RV.

I see two possible ways to access the valves. I'm not 100% positive either would work without actually looking at one of the models.

1. Access through the basement storage rear wall. On almost all of the GDRV rigs, you can remove the rear wall in the storage area to access plumbing, electrical, etc. I'd remove the wall on your RV and take a look. If the valves can't be reached, I'd try the approach in #2.

2. Would it be possible to open a hole in the bottom of the closet that you can reach through to access the valves? If so, you could then put a sheet of thin material such as plywood or luan in the bottom of the closet that you can lift up any time you need access. Of course, you'd probably need to pull the drawers out as far as possible when you do this.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

You said you cannot remove the drawer, correct? Assuming it's a full extension, you can trip the remove lever and push the guide back into the opening vs trying to pull the drawer off the guide. This may be an alternative to remove the drawer should it be necessary.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X