No announcement yet.

23 solitude 391DL Tanks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gDanColeman - For sure your shower drain has a valve to prevent gasses from venting into your 15BH. Gray tanks frequently smell as bad as black tanks and without the valve, your trailer would be quite malodorous.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

That being the case, then I am VERY interested in this modification. I boondock a lot in my 15BH. It has a similar build. The bathroom is in the rear with two 37 gal tanks. One, the black tank is toilet only and fills up fast. The other is gray water from the shower and sink. When boondocking I use the shower sparingly taking sponge baths mostly to conserve the precious fresh water. However, I haven't figured out a way to do "number two" sparingly -- when you gotta go, you gotta go! So I'm forever plagued with the black tank getting full and not being able to use the toilet after 10 days or so even though the second 37 gallon tank is still almost empty. It maybe has 4 gallons in it.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the two tanks could be combined and equalized to allow me to fully utilize the 74 gallon capacity that they would offer together? Yes indeed; that would be awesome! So that leads me to ask: Is that possible? How would one go about it?
      gDan Coleman
      GD AIM 15BH
      Ford Super Duty, F250 4x4, 6.8L gasser
      Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Comment

The 2 tanks share one outlet that is on the outside of the RV where you dump the contents of each tank. If you install one of these Amazon.com: Valterra T58 Twist-On Waste Valve, Mess-Free Waste Valve for RV's, Campers, Trailers : Automotive​ on that outlet and keep it closed and open both the grey tank and the black tank valve then you would be able to utilize both tanks.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

That sounds great. I just placed one on order.
          gDan Coleman
          GD AIM 15BH
          Ford Super Duty, F250 4x4, 6.8L gasser
          Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Comment

Working...
          X