Red lever on Nautilus panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red lever on Nautilus panel

I have a 2020 GD 150 series 295RL. My red lever on the nautilus panel does not seem to work. when I have it up and down it works fine for city water etc but when I turn it sideways to bypass the water heater I am still getting water into the water heater indicating the valve is not working. Has anybody else run into this issue and any suggestions on a fix? I plan on pulling the panel off this weekend to troubleshoot but thought I would post first.

evolrider

Do you have a tankless water heater?

Being as you have a 2020 model there were lots of supply chain issues at that time so you may have a panel with the red lever but it is not needed.

If the red lever valve has failed they are available for replacement, contact GD customer service or search on line.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Do you get hot water when you turn the valve? I believe that is a 3 way valve and when you turn it, it loops around the HWH.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

It is not tankless, I think it is around 7 gallons. I do get hot water no problem, the only issue I have with the valve not working is it wants to fill the water heater with anti freeze when winterizing because it wont close the bypass valve. I haven't pulled the panel yet but assume I can get to the red valve easily as well as the back of the water heater so I am think the fix shouldn't be to difficult just haven't done it before.

Comment

If the check valve on the water heater outlet has failed and does not close, the water will backflow into the tank when the red valve is set to bypass for winterizing.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

evolrider As Ted mentioned. The check valve may have failed.

With the HWH full and heated, change to bypass and check to see if you get hot water to the faucets (you may get a touch as the HWH will have higher pressure than the system for a short time). If you do, then the valve is suspect. If not, then the check valve is allowing water to back fill into the HWH.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X