Built in Water Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built in Water Regulator

I have a 2020 Solitude S-Class 3740BHR. We are experiencing variable low hot water pressure. hot pressure is lower than cold. We drained hot water tank and thought we had it fixed but the issue is back. Is there a built in water regulator or a check valve in the hot water system (seperate from the inlet port) that could be clogging? I can’t find anything in my manuals that tells me whether I have additional valves...

Good morning Evanpardini. Welcome to the technical forum. We're glad you joined us.

The low pressure from the hot water side is almost always due to a defective or blocked check valve at the outlet on the water heater. Sometimes the valve fails, and sometimes it gets blocked by a piece of debris (usually plastic) that gets sucked into the outlet.

The fix is fairly straightforward. You need to turn off the pump or city water, let the water cool, and then remove the pressure from the tank by opening the pressure relief valve or a hot water faucet. Once that's done, you can access the back of the water heater by removing the panel at the back of your basement. Remove the valve and replace it with a new one.

I'm attaching a link from a similar issue that was posted on the forum last week. If you'll read through it, you'll find an Amazon link for a new valve.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...er-all-faucets

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 02-08-2020, 11:55 AM.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X